What's new

SE head shavers, what's your favorite razor?

Hello,

Still a SE newbie, only about 6 head/face shaves so far with a Micromatic Bullet tip and a G -handle.
Can you fellow head shavers chime in and give me your favorites.

Cheers
John

Whatever comes up in the rotation gets used from Junior Bar to MMOC.

Best shavers would be the Feather Artist Club within the category of modern razors and the Schick Eversharp among the older ones.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I've played with a few. I enjoy an aggressive razor. Just takes too much pressure and/or too many passes for me with a medium to mild razor. So far my favorite is a Shovel Head with an MR3 handle. Thus far, I still prefer my DEs. I still need to try a MMOC and an Injector.

I am even newer to SEs than you. I only have two shaves under my belt one with Bullet Tip and one with Ever Ready 1912. Bullet tip worked well, but I really liked the 1912. If you want my full first impressions check out my thread.

A run of the mill 1912 is best for me... and by a margin.

I find my DEs get clogged too easily and the Mongoose is a bit too heavy for my scalp so any of the 1912 range seems to be first in line come head shave day.

1912, 1924, and GEm Jr. all work really well for me.
I like the handle on the Gem Jr. most for head shaving -- thne head never "spins" at all, and the large size makes it the easiest grip for all that no-look work.

I in the process of resurrecting a Wilkinson Empire and adapting the guides to take modern SE blades (no spine). This could get interesting.

Cheers
John

Top Bottom