SOTD 12July 2015

Rose and mango Sunday!

Pre: 30" rinse and Proraso White Preshave
Brush: Mühle Silvertip Fibre
Razor: Mühle R89 rosegold
Blade: Shark Stainless (2)
Soap: GFT Rose
AS: I Coloniali balm Mango/ Floid the Genuine

Moisturizer: My home made cream "Skin Bomb"with shea butter, lanolin, wheat germ oil, avocado oil and argan oil.

Music: Electro Deluxe - Live in Paris

EDT: L'Erbolario - Periplo

proxy.php

Have a wonderful shave and a fresh day to all gents!

Wonderful photos, everyone! Enjoy your Saturday! :001_smile

Guy
Mel
Dave (beautiful brush!)
Heikki
Matt
Claudio
txfiveo
Claudio
Cash (where did you get the soap?)
Bobcat
Larry35967
Erich
Brian
Eveningcoffee
Murray (very nice)
witeq
winblows
Antique Hoosier
Phil
Mark (strop)
Noire
Stefano
Noah
Michael (lovely colour to that bench!)
Paco Galan

Thanks Celestino:001_smile

First time taking the Filarmonica out of home

proxy.php

Pemar boar brush
BEA soap tube
FILARMONICA DT 14
Massimo Dutti Aftershave

SOTD 12 July 2015

Shave Soap: PannaCrema Namaste
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2 Alpolina
Razor: Dovo Best Quality 6/8 Full Hollow
Strop: Razor Emporium Latigo 2" Travel Strop
Post Shave: Floid Black

proxy.php

Sunday evening:

Razor: Superspeed
Blade: Lord SS
Cream: Yardley Gold
Brush: SR 3120
A/S: Nivea
ASB: Gaia Organic ASB

Sunday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Island Man
Soap: Stirling-Island Man
Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb
Blade: Personna Med Prep (4)
Brush: oscar11 Boar-26mmx60mm
Aftershave: CC Frozen Vetiver

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Stirling Island Man today. 20 seconds to load the oscar11 Boar. Great, easy, thick, lather. Personna Med Prep still in the NEW SC. Great smooth, close, shave. I finished with CC Frozen Vetiver.

Bob

proxy.php

Sunday 12 July 2015

proxy.php

Getting Ready to Go Back Home: RazorGuy Shave

I am about to go back home and before leaving - like every gentleman should do - it is better to shave. A very good and vain shave, I would add. That's why I wanted to use all of my shaving products I brought with me as well as the only straight razor I had in my bag. As for the razor, I could not ask for anything better - the very last Mastro Livi New Grind, as for the shaving products, I am certainly happy for that. My pre-shave oil, my shaving soap and my latest aftershave, fresh and refreshing, it was the perfect companion for this very hot milanese day. I am already looking forward to work on my new shaving soap formula and this is what I will certainly do on someday next week. I am very happy with my shaving soap but I want it to be even better. As for the razor, a feather sliding on my skin, velvety and smooth, for a deep and very satisfactory shave.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Omega Bristle 10083
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi "The Last New Grind", 6/8 Half Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Thyrrenus

Sunday

Ikea bowl ¤ Morris & Forndran Chief ¤ 6/8" 66 BB
QCS Esquire ¤ Floris JF Aftershave ¤ Floris JF EDT

Have a nice Sunday, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Head & face shower shave. days growth.

Technique: WTG / XTG / ATG
Prep: Shower.
Soap: Wholly Kaw - "Scent # 3" (beta)
Brush: Ever-Ready 100T restored by Thomas Burgess with TGN Finest Badger knot
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with iKon Bamboo Handle
Blade: Treet Platinum Super Stainless(1)

Soap review:

Wholly Kaw kindly sent me a sample of a soap they're working on. If I understand it correctly, it's intended to pair with a splash already in production, "Jamestown Gentleman". The soap is in beta. I want a tub of this stuff now! I wouldn't change a single thing about it with regard to performance and scent.

I'd never used anything by Wholly Kaw, and frankly, I hadn't heard much about them. I'm not sure why they've been under my radar, because the performance stands up to anything I've used. It provided superior protection and an enormous amount of thick, dense, paintable lather with a luxurious sheen. I'm usually not a fan of sample sizes, but pressed down into a shallow ceramic bowl, "Scent # 3" loaded effortlessly. I then started building the lather in my Nicole Pangas shaving bowl. I do note it performed better starting out dry, but slowly dribbling in small amounts of water dialed it in perfectly. Finally, it exploded into the voluminous lather seen in my photo. It should be noted this is the leftover lather after a 45-second load and 3 head and face passes. (For those of you who scoff at the 45-second load, that amount is typically what is required for me to have ample lather with some left over for post shave. It was obviously too much for this sample. I can't say if that's because I'm accustomed to loading from a puck as opposed to a thin sample pressed down into a shallow bowl, or if it's simply a Wholly Kaw characteristic.) There's still enough of the sample to get me probably another 3-4 3-pass shaves.

The scent of this beta sample is, in a word, beautiful. It started with a light, nondescript powdery floral scent in the bowl. Working the lather into my skin, it warmed up to a definite tobacco floral aroma with warm woodsy and musk notes that never overpowered the gentle sweetness of the tobacco. Subsequent passes held those notes.

The post-shave result was very soft and moisturized, and is easily in my top 5 artisan soaps. I finished with Fine's Snake bite because I didn't want to mask the lingering scent from the soap. I was still aware of the scent about an hour later. I need to do more research, but if this truly is the same scent profile for Wholly Kaw's "Jamestown Gentleman" splash, I need it. I also need this soap in my rotation ASAP.

proxy.php

proxy.php

12 July 2015

* Weber DLC + WRH3 Aluminum
* Super Iridium
* WSP Manchurian + K-Translucent
* Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender
* Unrefined Shea Butter
* Bergamot/Vetiver EO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom