What's new

First 20 guys get a FREE sample!

That's it guys - I have my twenty!

The free samples all ship on Monday so each of you should have your free sample in just a few days. Give it a good workout and then come back here to give me some feedback. I look forward to hearing what you think about it!

I got samples of Bay Rum and Sandalwood soap directly from the Captain himself at the Big Shave West! Didn't have to mail them or anything!!!!!!!!!!!

The Captain does it again! Congrats of the samples and I will keep my browser set to this thread for reviews in the coming week or so.

I had the opportunity of giving feedback to the Captain on the Bay Rum Balm product recently. I look forward to hearing what comes out of this group of 20.

I just received my sample and gave it a quick sniff test. First off I will state that more of a citrus scent person, but will stray from that some. I like the scent. It's a more bold scent in that it's not a light citrus scent, but it's not a strong scent. I can see myself using this because it's not a real strong smell. I'll post my review of what I think about the face feel when I get a chance to use it.

InNae

My package showed up in the mail today (thank you, Captain!). My next shave won't be until the weekend so I won't be able to try it out full-bore, but a few initial thoughts based on a one-cheek trial run. Here are my first thoughts:

The scent is, of course, the Good Captain's Bay Rum. No doubts there. The scent is strong in the sample but not overpowering.

This ASB is quite thick, much closer to skin cream than balm/milk. In fact, when I turned the sample upside down, the stuff didn't move at all. I certainly wouldn't try that with the popular ASB in the white bottle that we all speak of here -- it'll be all over the place if I did!

To test it, I dipped my pinky into the sample and pulled out about a small chocolate chip worth. That was enough for my entire cheek and sideburn area. It rubbed in easily, and the skin feel was that of a clean lotion. I didn't feel any greasiness, and after an hour, I still don't feel any residual greasiness or tackiness. That said, any more than I applied would likely have been too much. The point here is, a little goes a long, long way. Use sparingly. You can always apply more.

I'll come back with more feedback once I use it post-shave, but I wanted to put a score up on the board to get the review process started.

As always, my thanks to the Good Captain for allowing me to participate in this and for so generously providing samples to the community to try.

I received my sample today also. Many thanks to The Captain! I'm looking forward to giving it a go this weekend, and will report back soon!

My package showed up in the mail today (thank you, Captain!). My next shave won't be until the weekend so I won't be able to try it out full-bore, but a few initial thoughts based on a one-cheek trial run. Here are my first thoughts:

The scent is, of course, the Good Captain's Bay Rum. No doubts there. The scent is strong in the sample but not overpowering.

This ASB is quite thick, much closer to skin cream than balm/milk. In fact, when I turned the sample upside down, the stuff didn't move at all. I certainly wouldn't try that with the popular ASB in the white bottle that we all speak of here -- it'll be all over the place if I did!

To test it, I dipped my pinky into the sample and pulled out about a small chocolate chip worth. That was enough for my entire cheek and sideburn area. It rubbed in easily, and the skin feel was that of a clean lotion. I didn't feel any greasiness, and after an hour, I still don't feel any residual greasiness or tackiness. That said, any more than I applied would likely have been too much. The point here is, a little goes a long, long way. Use sparingly. You can always apply more.

I'll come back with more feedback once I use it post-shave, but I wanted to put a score up on the board to get the review process started.

As always, my thanks to the Good Captain for allowing me to participate in this and for so generously providing samples to the community to try.
+1 to almost every word. But I do think it's typical balm texture.

I found the consistency exactly like some other balms I have in tubes, thicker than balms that come in bottles. It felt healing after a 3 pass shave, not greasy, smelled nice.

I think like my other balms, I would mostly use it in the winter. During the warmer months I like a touch of menthol. I was definitely missing that cooling feel at the end of a nice shave.

The main reason I have balms at all is they tend to be more nurturing than my splashes, and I like that sometimes. If I were buying this I would want to see an ingredient list with good stuff in it, witch hazel, shea butter, aloe, extract of super-duper-special-thing, and stuff like that. Whether they do any good or not, it's part of my requirement list for balms :tongue_sm

First of all just wanted to say thank you to the Captain. I had a great face and head shave tonight and I finished it off with the Captain's Choice ASB. First impressions was that I love the scent. The post shave feel is great. My face and dome feel nice and smooth with no greasiness at all. A little goes a long way. Love the scent. My beautiful wife and daughter love the scent, too. I can't wait to use it, again. :thumbup:

WARHAWK

Thanks to the Captain for this test drive opportunity. My observations:

1. Definitely consistency of a face cream as opposed to a lotion. Thick and luxurious.
2. A little goes a long way
3. Scent - to me, a full on, classic Bay Rum scent. I am no good at all in describing specific notes, but this was clovey and citrusy to me.
4. Not greasy or tacky
5. Pleasant and soothing
6. Overall 9 on a scale of 10

Good luck with the product.

Top Bottom