What's new

Greek Shaving Products?

Given that Greece is a large media topic these days, I got to thinking about Greek shaving products. I've got products from all over Europe, but I don't believe Greece is represented in my den. Anyone know any good Greek shaving products available in the US?

BIC Chrome Platinum blades are probably available.
And there is faena, a local soapmaker, though I haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:
Nothing sold in the U.S...Kolynos cream was sold here in the 70's for a year or two,but Kolynos folded last year.Prosar and Adelco creams are from Greece,but I am unsure of their production status,they are both good performers,as was Kolynos.Froika creams are still around ,but tough to get without a connection in Greece.Froika can hold its own against any other cream,it is top notch.There is a Zeus shaving powder,but I hear it is crap.Bic Chrome and Bic Astor are good everyday blades.

Thanks, all y'all. It's interesting that Western Europe seems to have so many great available products, but not Greece. I know they shave there...

Prosar shaving cream and Korres Marigold and Ginseng AS are good. Can find them from Amazon vendors, but with the recent turmoil, may be difficult...

PAPOUTSANIS shaving foam, both regular and for sensitive skin. It is a greek product beyond doubt and it comes from the well-known industry which is situated in HALKIDA-EVIA. However you will find it only in large shops, particularly in SCLAVENITIS chain. Its circulation is not broadly publicized. I hope that PROSAR is a native product for true as well.

Last edited:
There are Greek-made blades that have already been mentioned in other posts. When I stopped at a Greek Island, the bazaars were full of various food products, olive-oil based soaps, sponges, printed art, souvenier calendars, and factory-made phallic carvings. On that last one, I did not even check if they were from Greece or China. At least with that limited breadth of a visit, admittedly limited with it being a tourism-based island, I did not see anything particular to shaving. You can Google "Greece leading exports". Oil comprises 38%, followed by aluminum at 5%, making it an extraction-based economy like Arabs with their oil and Bolivia with its tin. The leading manufactured item is pharmaceuticals. Food products occupy #7 through #10 of the export list. If you Google "Greek shaving products" there is a link inquiring about shaving creams from there.
Generally speaking, Greece has many embedded inefficiencies for making and moving goods. For example, it is supposed to be cheaper to ship its olives to Germany, itself a higher-wage country, and make olive products there rather than make those same products in Greek facilities. For a place where the study and practice of economics has such a long history, it has fallen far.

proxy.php

Addendum:...Couldn't resist !..I love Greek shaving products and my Prosar cream is just about gone.The prices here are good ,and they don't inflate shipping fees ,and using "promo25" I got a massive discount...Loaded up with a 4-pack of Duru bar soap , 2 Prosar creams ,Prosar A/S and 2 Greek Camel shoe waxes ,everything with shipping only $30.68 !,,,,,,,By the way ,search "shaving cream" and you'll see a nice inventory ,both Derby and Arko tubs and much more ,left column you can search by country of origin as well.. :001_rolle

Attachments

• $prosarxxx.JPG
    $prosarxxx.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 112
Top Bottom