What's new

SuperMax platinum?

Ive just had a great shave with a SuperMax platinum i got in a blade sampler with an att s2. I usually use gillette 7o clock super stainless and i found the SuperMax to be just as smooth. What do people think about them here? Is there a difference between the platinum and he super platinum?

Some people like them. I find them not sharp or smooth enough. My favourite blades are Polsilver, Gillette 7 o clock black, GSB, and personna lab(basically blades considered some of the smoothest and sharpest)

Found them quite smooth in one razor and pretty rough in another. I keep a few around because for the price I can get a pretty reasonable outcome in the right razor.

I've tried virtually everything in the SuperMax lineup and found the all to be pretty good, and an outstanding value for the money. The higher end of their lines approach the current prices of Astra's and Rapira's now that the Ruble is in the toilet, so that's a bit of a tossup in the my book, but the lesser grades are perhaps the best values out there.

Is the Platinum a high or low value one?

I've tried virtually everything in the SuperMax lineup and found the all to be pretty good, and an outstanding value for the money. The higher end of their lines approach the current prices of Astra's and Rapira's now that the Ruble is in the toilet, so that's a bit of a tossup in the my book, but the lesser grades are perhaps the best values out there.

Is the Platinum a high or low value one?

Even the high-end of the SuperMax lineup, the Blue Diamonds, the Titaniums, etc, are inexpensive blades compared to those made by other manufacturers. The Platinum is in the middle of the SuperMax lineup.

They've got one called just a Stainless, and other called a Super Stainless , a Platinum, a Platinum Plus, which I don't know for certain but judging by the name either contains more platinum or a higher grade of it. There are whispered rumors of a Super-Duper Super Stainless Platinum Plus Palladium Tungsten Reinforced Teflon Coated blade in which no animals were harmed in the making thereof, but these are, as yet, unconfirmed.

Others say they are all the same in different boxes.

Others say they are all the same in different boxes.

Some maybe, like some variations between the Platinum and Platinum Plus. Definite differentiations outside of that though, such as between the Super Stainless and Platinum. Then of course just about everyone will say that the Super Platinum are much better than the regular Platinum.

And people complain about Personna blades being confusing. :001_huh:

Some maybe, like some variations between the Platinum and Platinum Plus. Definite differentiations outside of that though, such as between the Super Stainless and Platinum. Then of course just about everyone will say that the Super Platinum are much better than the regular Platinum.

And people complain about Personna blades being confusing. :001_huh:

...or Lord.

...or Lord.

Well you could make it easy and just buy Feathers. Unless of course the black packs and the yellow packs are different. Wait, I know. Just buy Merkur. :laugh:

Supermax could be more helpful though. There site section for DE blades is basically just a picture of the blades. No organization, descriptions, or anything that would help decipher their blades. Oh, and it only shows some of them. http://www.supermaxworld.com/countr...super_platinum_stainless_super_stainless.html

I never found the Supermax lineup to be special enough to be worth seeking out. At the cheap end, I prefer Astra and Rapira Swedish Super Steel -- especially when one could get a few hundred for a little over 20 bucks. At the high end, the 7 O'Clock Blacks from India are far superior, as are all the top tier blades from Petersburg like GSB or Nacet. Perhaps I'll retry them, but the three different blades I sampled didn't impress me enough to warrant more attention.

I didn't get alot with platinum like I did super platinums, but that was when I first started, so soon I'll be making my run back through what's left of my initial sample pack for reassessment .

I have used the SuperMax Platinum 200 blades and found them to be excellent, and a great value at 100 blades for $8.00 with free shipping on Ebay, and other sites.

Top Bottom