What's new

New DE user checking in

I am a recent DE convert. I only have 4 shaves under my belt but, I have already had two better shaves then I have ever had with shaving with cart razors for over 20 years.

I bought the Microtouch from a local Rite Aid for $17. I shaved once with the Dorcos that are included and felt like a chesse grater was ran over my face. I bought a variety pack of blades and have used the Astra Plats and Feathers so far. And I like the Astras much better as I got a smoother save with them. However I will use the Feather for the second time in the morning before work and see if it gets smoother with use. I have also been using a cheap Tweezerman brush and my great grandfather's old spice shaving mug(1948 or 49 version) with Williams soap for the last 8 years or so. I also got some Proraso green to try and like it much better than the Williams.

I have been talking to my father about DE shaving and said he would be intrested in getting one as he remembered he got good shaves with them. So I am going to get him and I each a Maggard MR1 razor and some new Omega brushes and a few creams and soaps to try.

I have also been looking at vintage Gillettes and I am intrested getting a Slim adjustable and some of the older Techs and Super Speeds to use and collect. I thought DE razors was going to give me a better shave and save me money, lol. Guess I was wrong about that. My GF already gives me crap over my golf addiction, lol.

Hello and welcome, titan90. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Top Bottom