What's new

Your Favorite Mixed Drink

Say youre at a nice restaraunt where drinking a mixed drink fits its place (not some sports bar where beer is flying through the taps). What do you usually go for?

Mine are simple and classic. Depending on mood:

Makers Mark Manhattan (Sometimes I even order it dry)
Plymouth Gin Martini, dry, dirty

I like an Old Fashioned, but that has gotten me far too many quizzical looks, followed by even more quizzical looks when I explain how to make it: "Angowhat Bitters?!" Failing that a dry martini.

Hmmm, I think I'll have myself an Old Fashioned tonight.

This thread has my seal of approval.

I like an Old Fashioned, but that has gotten me far too many quizzical looks, followed by even more quizzical looks when I explain how to make it: "Angowhat Bitters?!" Failing that a dry martini.

Hmmm, I think I'll have myself an Old Fashioned tonight.

This thread has my seal of approval.

Yeah, it is unfortunate the classic cocktails seemed to have been forgotten.

As for ordering, depending on my mood it can be a Martini, Manhattan, Gin & Tonic etc. When in doubt...Whisk(e)y neat. Hard to screw that one up.

A giraffe walks into the bar and says, "The Highballs are on me!":biggrin:

It's always a Scotch or Irish Whiskey & Water for me!

If they look like they know what they are doing: Knob Creek Manhattan; shaken and up.

When I am hosting: Pepe's Flame of Love Martinis (look it up).

Heffeweissen (sp) with a shot of whiskey or vodka on the side...
Let Em Rip :)

i could see that at a local neighborhood pub, but at a nice place and seated at a table? I know you Pac-Northwesterners love your brews though!

Being a scotch drinker I default to a Rob Roy if a mixed drink is in order. This is rare since most bars can figure out "scotch neat." Thank God I don't frequent the same watering holes as Zeni.:cool:

I've gotten "So you want ice in it.":confused1

Top Bottom