What's new

Your Favorite Mixed Drink

One the very, very rare occasions I have a mixed drink, it's a Tanqueray and tonic.

Since I don't use vermouth in my martinis, I don't count that a mixed drink.

Johnie Walker rocks, Manhattan straight up, Southern Comfort Old Fashioned no sugar, Mojitos

Not necessarily in that order

My favourite drink changes depending on mood - though it usually involves copious amount of vodka, but my favourite place to drink always stays Milk and Honey (click for drinks menu):

From the drinks section:

At Milk & Honey we have a passion for making the highest quality drinks; using the best ingredients, and the finest, often painstaking, methods.

Every afternoon, we squeeze oranges, lemons, limes and apples by hand. We don't use any juice or extract that we haven't made ourselves (hence no cranberry juice), because the drinks taste fresher and better that way.

We put most of our glassware and all of our mixing glasses in freezers set to -40C to keep drinks cold during the delicate preparation phase. We count the times we shake or stir to ensure the perfect mix without excessive dilution.

If you're in the Red Room, you'll be served drinks containing jagged wedges of ice. We cut these by hand with an ice pick from a twice-frozen block of ice made from mineral water. Ice like this is denser, colder and clearer, and chills your drink perfectly without diluting it too much.

We have also put together a collection of great value wines, Champagnes, whiskies, armagnacs and other digestifs. We hunt down rare bottles at auction and we go to Champagne, the South of France and South Africa to import our own stuff direct at a better price.

It takes a few minutes to mix a great drink.

and the house rules:

1. No name-dropping, no star *******.

2. No hooting, hollering, shouting or other loud behaviour.

3. No fighting, play fighting, no talking about fighting.

4. Gentlemen will remove their hats. Hooks are provided.

5. Gentlemen will not introduce themselves to ladies.
Ladies, feel free to start a conversation or ask the bartender to introduce you. If a man you don't know speaks to you, please lift your chin slightly and ignore him.

6. Do not linger outside the front door.

7. Do not bring anyone unless you would leave that person alone in your home. You are responsible for the behaviour of your guests.

8. Exit the bar briskly and silently. People are trying to sleep across the street. Please make all your travel plans and say all farewells before leaving the bar.

Supposedly there's one in NY too but I've only been to the London one.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Apparently, I can't go to Milk and Honey, as I would break all eight rules within the first ten minutes.

By the way, why do they chill their glassware to -40C? Why don't they just chill it to -40F? (Math geek joke.)

Tim, you must really be in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah, its called Alabama. We have a strict ABC system, if they don't carry it, you don't get it. They used to have Pernod and maybe Campari, too, but I haven't seen either for years. I keep asking for Pernod, but it doesn't do any good.

Tim

Top Bottom