What's new

Your Favorite Mixed Drink

Martini, Old Fashioned, Manhattan, Singapore Sling (though I always end up explaining how to make the last one).

+1 on the Singapore Sling, although every time I order it I get a Replacements song in my head. I also like a Tom Collins (=Gin sour) now and then.

Ended up drinking margaritas last nite, good accompanyment to the quesedillas, homemade guac and salsa.

3:2:1 Tequila:Cointro:Fresh Lime Juice on the rocks.

i could see that at a local neighborhood pub, but at a nice place and seated at a table? I know you Pac-Northwesterners love your brews though!

I understand that the post was talking about "Nice Places" and the image that conjures up. What I am saying is that I have no place left for pretentiousness and snobbery in my life. I was fortunate enough to have my heart stop beating during an operation, necessitating several jolts of the defibrillator to get things going again. That helped my put things in perspective. I do like places with a nice atmosphere, but refuse to frequent places where I need to put on airs.
Kindest regards, Ken

New Orleans Fizz. No bar I go to EVER really makes this drink, so I wind up making it myself when I can. I also like a Harvey Wallbanger.

My favorite is the Sazerac cocktail, but only in New Orleans or at home. Next would be a Manhattan cocktail.

Tim

Gin martini with a miniscule amount of vermouth, two olives on one toothpick, straight up. A vodka martini follows a close second. And they better not be too watery.

New Orleans Fizz. No bar I go to EVER really makes this drink, so I wind up making it myself when I can. I also like a Harvey Wallbanger.

hmmmmmmmm wonder why not to many bars makes this one? Maybe because raw egg whites are used???

A friend of mine visits The Big Easy a lot and when he's back in town he likes to experiment and make drinks that he had down there. He told me he was going to make a drink for me and as he started, I thought, oh this should be good, but then went in an egg white. Forget it! Never tasted it and I never, ever turn down a cocktail.

hmmmmmmmm wonder why not to many bars makes this one? Maybe because raw egg whites are used???

A friend of mine visits The Big Easy a lot and when he's back in town he likes to experiment and make drinks that he had down there. He told me he was going to make a drink for me and as he started, I thought, oh this should be good, but then went in an egg white. Forget it! Never tasted it and I never, ever turn down a cocktail.
A lot of bartenders are starting to use powdered egg whites now, but for me, nothing beats the real thing. If you can find one that uses powdered whites, try a New Orleans Fizz. You'll be glad you did.

Top Bottom