What's new

Hello yourself, and see how you like it.

Hello all,

I have been using a mug and brush for ~15 years.
I have an old brush I picked up at a drug store back then.
Well this Fathers Day I decided to treat myself to a new brush.
So i started doing some research...

2 weeks later now I have:
3 new synthetic brushes
a Merkur 34C
a Maggard MR5
a handful of new shave soaps mugs and bowls etc
giant sample pack of blades

And just today picked up at a local antique mall
a 1950 Super Speed
and
a 1969 Gillette Super Adjustable
both in prime condition.

Oh and a new lathe so I can make my own custom handles.

I may have caught a bug.

Frugalshave

Welcome. Similar story here. Long time DE shaver with one mug, one soap and one brush. Then click, a switch goes off and in no time, I've filled a closet with shave-related items.

Wet shaving since 1986ish ... last few months gillette 1906, 1910, 1916, 1950s (fatboy, flair tip, 2xSS), feather indeterminate travel, solingen, merkur slant, 5 different soaps, 3 creams, 4 shave bowls, one styptic pencil (not used frequently), witch hazel ... A lathe? Now why didn't I think of that! Betcha Harbor Freight is having a sale today.

Hello and welcome to B&B. Great to have you here and back in the DE shaving world. Seems like you are fully engulfed, so carry on and enjoy!

A lathe? Now why didn't I think of that! Betcha Harbor Freight is having a sale today.
Nail on the head! I have been looking for an excuse for the last year or so.
I have a Fine Synthetic with a very slight defect in the handle. Clearly Fate is telling me to get another lathe.

Wet shaving since 1986ish ... last few months gillette 1906, 1910, 1916, 1950s (fatboy, flair tip, 2xSS), feather indeterminate travel, solingen, merkur slant, 5 different soaps, 3 creams, 4 shave bowls, one styptic pencil (not used frequently), witch hazel ... A lathe? Now why didn't I think of that! Betcha Harbor Freight is having a sale today.
I started shaving in mid 80's too, it was Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Michael Jackson, Prince and shave cream for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom