What's new

I'm not addicted.I can quit any time I want.

Ahem...my name is Ronnie and I am a stropaholic. Just bought another Kanayama to add to the two I already have. It's in the mail for delivery next week. I am really going to try to resist anymore strops.

At least until TM has a big sale. :blushing:

Ya need a ScrupleWorks barber end and a TM barber end and put those handles in storage. Maybe add some more seconds!

May I suggest a little time on Neil Miller's website. If you ever rub your blade on one of his pieces of genuine Horween cordovan You will have a new favorite.

Good thing these guys are here to help you with your problem! Now you're on the road to recovery for sure

Good thing these guys are here to help you with your problem! Now you're on the road to recovery for sure

Yep, I was sure I could count on support from these fellows. Thanks guys, it doesn't look like I have too many any more. Perspective is important. :thumbup:

Hi Ronnie,
I'm a complete newbie in the straight razor world. In fact this is my first post here. Just bought my first razor and I'm searching for a strop. Can you list what you have in your collection? It would be extremelly useful to learn from a true strop collector. Cheers

Aeon,

I'm not a real strop collector, but I am blessed to have some wonderful razors and nice strops. My recommendation to you would be to aquire a Whipped Dog "poor mans" strop and practice until you are confident that you won't cut up an expensive strop. Keep reading in this forum and you can lear everything you need to know. To answer your question....
Left to right:
Homemade split cordovan paddle strop
Vintage horsehide strop two leather components
Star Shaving cowhide with felt second component
Kanayama # 3 with canvas and suede components
Kanayama 6000 with canvas and suede components
Premiere Strop Co. Cowhide with nylon second component
I have added another Kanayama 2000 to the bunch since that picture.

Welcome to Straight shaving and all the fun and $ involved. LOL

Thanks for the recommendation and for your strop info. I was thinking of getting a Kanayama 20k for my TI razor but its best to practice on a cheap strop first.
Cheers

Great set Alpster. Love it.

This thread was useful for all of us IMO.
No cure needed😊 since we are all fine! 😎
@Aeon: my 2 cts. Do practice on a cheap strop but buy yourself a Kanoyama as well. A #3 will be good to start with (once you have one you "need" another) and will improve your shaves.

I have since added a another Kanayama 20000/with canvas to these, so I'm not cured yet. Oh well...

Just a question - what is hanging in the top-left position?
Above the paddle, but resting on the hook for the paddle.

Top Bottom