What's new

ATT bronze razor

Both are interesting ideas.

I have no idea what a bronze razor would perform like or be like to use or how it would be different from my other ATT's. I might consider buying one to try, but I'd want to hear more about what difference is.

I personally wouldn't go for the Polished Stainless Steel, but that's just me. My Pils is a super polished stainless steel and I occasionally think of taking sandpaper or steel wool to roughen it up, especially the handle.

I'd be interested in a Double Comb combo razor - esp. for leaving in my travel bag and in my gym locker. I'd vote for the S1 on one side and S2 on the other. But then that's just me maybe.

Looking for some input.
I was playing with the idea of machining a limited number of razors out of bronze. They would look shiny like brass at first and then start their slow transition to the classic brown that gives bronze that unique look. They could come with a smooth polished look of we could keep the matte finish we use now.
Also what do you guys think about a limited run of polished stainless razors for the Christmas season? The process would require more man hours so the price would be more. Therefore, I thinking of them as a seasonal gift.
Opinions welcome.

I'm partial to OC myself, so hopefully it'll be my turn next year :thumbup:

Btw Stan will the bronze razors weight the same as your stainless razors, and I'd assume shave as well?

Bronze is a little heavier per cubic foot than stainless steel -extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/http://www.coyotesteel.com/assets/img/PDFs/weightspercubicfoot.pdf

So, my guess is that the razor will be a little bit heavier unless they use less material and change the design a bit. But, for the size of a razor, with no change in design, it'll only be a tiny bit heavier. So, my guess is no change in design with almost the same shave with the very slightly heavier weight accounting for any (and barely perceptible) change in shave.

Both are interesting ideas.

I have no idea what a bronze razor would perform like or be like to use or how it would be different from my other ATT's. I might consider buying one to try, but I'd want to hear more about what difference is.

I personally wouldn't go for the Polished Stainless Steel, but that's just me. My Pils is a super polished stainless steel and I occasionally think of taking sandpaper or steel wool to roughen it up, especially the handle.

I'd be interested in a Double Comb combo razor - esp. for leaving in my travel bag and in my gym locker. I'd vote for the S1 on one side and S2 on the other. But then that's just me maybe.

I have been using a bronze Atlas handle for about three weeks. It is beginning to turn color, acquire the classic bronze patina. I am not sure how long the process will take but I like it and am very excited about it. The handle is polished but the knurling is still very effective. I noticed when threading the handle on to my stainless Atlas head the handle did not have that course feel or sound. Kinda hard to explain but it smudged up very nicely, not the steel on steel feel but something much more refined. Should have the plates and caps soon.

I can attest that a bronze handle works very nicely with an ATT head -- in this case, the UFO Goliath in red bronze. Can't wait to see an all-bronze ATT!

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I can attest that a bronze handle works very nicely with an ATT head -- in this case, the UFO Goliath in red bronze. Can't wait to see an all-bronze ATT!

full

You will see them very soon! The machining is almost complete. The last stage is the polishing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only recommendation I would add, is to choose alumabronze (aluminum bronze) over regular bronze. It develops a beautiful pearlescent patina in the parts that get handled, in the cracks and crevices it does turn brown, just like regular bronze. It's also been called "Phantom Brass" if you find the name alumabronze less catchy.

In the picture below, the top shiny ring is also alumabronze, but hasn't developed a patina yet.
proxy.php

Apologize that this post is off-topic, but alas I can't resist. I never thought I would see a picture of a GP Lux on this forum. Nice pic. I am the proud owner of several GP products myself.

Perseus is a great guy

Apologize that this post is off-topic, but alas I can't resist. I never thought I would see a picture of a GP Lux on this forum. Nice pic. I am the proud owner of several GP products myself.

Perseus is a great guy
Some members of ECF do wet shave, you know. I have five PAPS Lux and two Herons. The 2.5 design and the Zen ZNA are the two closest things to functional works of art the vaping world has ever gotten.

Stainless (and now bronze) DE razors fall into the same "functional pieces of art" category.
...the handle did not have that coarse feel or sound. Kinda hard to explain but it snugged up very nicely, not the steel on steel feel but something much more refined. Should have the plates and caps soon.
Brass (and bronze) is self lubricating. It makes for nice smooth threading. :)

Last edited:
Here are some photos taken yesterday of our new Bronze razors and Ink Well razor stands. I hope you enjoy them. We hope to have these items available in about two weeks. Six piece sets numbered from 0-100. Just in time for Christmas. Hope you like the look and the fact that Bronze will not rust!

Attachments

• $DSCN4870.jpg
    $DSCN4870.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 263
  • $DSCN4878.jpg
    $DSCN4878.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 260
  • $DSCN4866.jpg
    $DSCN4866.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 260
Top Bottom