What's new

Weber

Thinking of trying to get a Weber but before the high investment, i'm trying to figure out if it's for me.
I love aggressive razors. I like my TTO's and closed guards but hardly use them. I'm using more of my OC's like my New and Single Ring. Enjoy feeling the blade on my skin and the aggressiveness is fitted for my dense wires like whiskers. I must say that I don't have any experience with stainless steel razors or any heavy razor so I don't have an idea how the shave is with SS.
What do you think, can the Weber work for me or should I drop the idea and just get a Bulldog handle instead?

i think you're too late if you want to buy a Weber razor head direct - no longer made or available... the three different handles are still for sale... i just found out today after perusing the Weber Clubs and Brotherhoods forum here on B&B...

(i have all three and like them... if you're a short-handled fan, the wave is *very* nice)

willie
on the Weber-shaving Gulf of Mexico

The Weber is a fantastic razor, but in my opinion it does not have the blade feel you'll get with a NEW or some of the other OC ravors. However my Weber shaves just as close as my NEWs. If you can find one for a decent price I'd recommend giving it a try. If you don't like it you can easily sell it for what you paid.

If you like aggressive, go for an ATT H1 or H2. Webers are good but not super aggressive. Mine is a little more aggressive than a DE89. Works well for me but at the price they're going for right now you might as well go for the ATT which you can return for a refund or exchange if you don't like it.

For me, the ATT R1 is appreciably more aggressive than the Weber. The former gets more use in my rotation these days, as do my English New and 1934 Aristocrat, which I also find a bit more aggressive than the Weber.

Thank you for the replies. I'm glad I asked here before I pulled the trigger with these prices... I guess maybe the Weber is not for me.
I'm thinking to go for the 5 pieces ATT, maybe R1, R2 and H2.
I'll still have to think it about it..

I'm using more of my OC's like my New and Single Ring. Enjoy feeling the blade on my skin and the aggressiveness is fitted for my dense wires like whiskers.

The Weber is a great razor (I have two PHs), but if you are wanting something aggressive, where you can feel the blade, it is probably not for you. From the stainless steel razors I own, I would recommend either the ATT H2, or the Ikon SB. Both of these are way more aggressive than my NEW LCs (flat & raised base plate). I have never used an Old Type so I can't make a comparison with your Single Ring.

As the others have mentioned, all of the Webers (PH, ARC, DLC) command very high prices and you would do better getting another stainless steel razor such as the ATT, Wolfman, etcetera.

Looks like they have come down in price. A few months ago there were sold listings on ebay in the $200 range. If you can get one under $125 you should probably jump all over it assuming you want a "mild" shave that is more aggressive and efficient than an EJ89.

I still have my three Weber PHs, they aren't going anywhere. It's the only razor I use and for my face and beard they are like magic wands.

I ordered yesterday a 5 piece set - S1,S2 and H2.
Can't wait trying it and see what all the hype about. Hope it worth it...

My H2 is my go to. I get a closer shave with it than with my Old Types, News, FaTip or even my R41. The Kronos will work fine.

I wasn't sure if I should get the H2 or the M2 (I can't return it, shipping rate is too high). I need an aggressive plate like the R41 Fatip and Old that I got, but only for 3 day old growth and more. Although I have very coarse beard but sensitive skin I can't handle with it daily.
Worst case I'll trade or buy.. I know that the curiosity of how the M2 plate shaves will overcome.

I wasn't sure if I should get the H2 or the M2 (I can't return it, shipping rate is too high). I need an aggressive plate like the R41 Fatip and Old that I got, but only for 3 day old growth and more. Although I have very coarse beard but sensitive skin I can't handle with it daily.
Worst case I'll trade or buy.. I know that the curiosity of how the M2 plate shaves will overcome.

I've got an M2 I don't use. Let us know if any of your new plates don't work for you. If postage isn't too much of a challenge, a swap might work.

I ordered yesterday a 5 piece set - S1,S2 and H2.
Can't wait trying it and see what all the hype about. Hope it worth it...

Reading all your posts, I think you did well. For the multi day beard / aggressive razor, the H2 will be the one. The Slant heads are efficient somewhat like an R2, but smoother for the daily shave as you describe.

Enjoy your new shave toys! -David

Top Bottom