What's new

Need help identifying new find.

$IMG_1614.jpg$IMG_1612.jpg

I was at an antiques store today and found several vintage razors there for sale; came across this one, which was the best of the bunch. It had some scuff marks on it, and a little bit of what looked like dried blood around the ball end.

Comparing with images I've found via Google, I THINK it's a 1920's era Gillette razor, but that's all I know about it. Anyone here know anything about vintage razors? I paid $14 for it, and I don't think it was too bad a deal for an open comb razor; any ideas, folks?

It's definitely a open comb gillette, but I don't know all the identifying variations. Edgar (Nuclearblast ) should be along shortly with the answer. My guess is new long comb, 14 dollars is a steal regardless!

That's in great condition, and the price certainly was right.

A picture of the text on the base plate and the handle will get you an exact answer from one of the experts here (not me) on what it is.

That's in great condition, and the price certainly was right.

A picture of the text on the base plate and the handle will get you an exact answer from one of the experts here (not me) on what it is.

There's much there, unfortunately; it looks like there might be a Gillette stamp on the left, but not very deep. I'm happy with it, though; I got that and a shavette straight razor for $12. I'm happy with my buys, but I've got to get some disposable blades for the shavette...

$image.jpg

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 81
Top Bottom