What's new

Tobacquisitions for July 2015

I not usually one to get excited about grain but that grain is just beautiful.

Tom Spanu Rhodesian from Al Pascia.

proxy.php

I'm super visual and I love engineering. If you manage time I'd love a napkin sketch. Sounds interesting.

I was wanting to do this anyway, so thanks for the nudge..

$_MG_9658-cutaway2.jpg

With the "stinger" screwed in, the airflow is pretty stuffy.. not what I prefer. But, if I remove it and block the hole, it has a very nice draw. I'm going to make an easily-removable plug for it and smoke it that way.. I'm guessing it might be similar to a reverse calabash, something I still want to add to my collection one of these days. At the very least, it should be a pretty cool and dry smoke.

Arrived this morning: a Corrieu Cogolan "Extra" pot and a Pascal Piazzola Dublin.

View attachment 589540

I've been keeping my head down re tobacco purchases after doing a stock take of my stash cupboard and working out how much I had bought this year. I've had a very good run with our tobacco duty roulette so I feel I should walk away from the table for a while :001_cool:

This is my second "acquisitions" post this month. The first was in The Nib, the second here. The Speakeasy would would give me the trifecta (if only I had a couple of bottles of scotch on the way...)
Where did you order the Dublin pipe from? Thanks.

Where did you order the Dublin pipe from? Thanks.

Its a Pascal Piazzolla and came from a Aussie eBay seller who had large number of older French made pipes. From the style of the stamping, its old stock so your chances of finding another are pretty slim. On the other hand I saw a couple of very similar pipes listed on French websites while researching the maker so I'm guessing it was a common style from Piazzolla. There is a fair bit of info on the Web about him and his work (especially if you read a little French).

Just unboxed an S. Yanik meerschaum skull pipe! My birthday is on the Day of the Dead, and I've been wanting a proper Birthday/DotD/Halloween pipe.. this'll do!

$image.jpg

$IMG_0481.jpg

$image.jpg

$image.jpg

Last edited:
I like your meer, but I love this pipe. Very similar to mine. Can they be best buddies? :a22:

Heck yeah! I dig this one, too. I bought a few of the Ropps from the first round of "newly discovered old briar", last year.. I traded a billiard and a Liverpool away because they were both uncomfortable and just didn't do it for me. I kept a very petite and sweet little Dublin from that round, but still haven't smoked it.. need to remedy that! This one, though, is really light weight and very comfortable to clench. I have a feeling I'll smoke this one often!

Just picked up this estate Savory brand pipe. Made in London England by Dunhill under the "Savory" brand.
It basically like smoking a Dunhill at a fraction of a fraction of the cost! :)
$20150730_203710.jpg

Attachments

• $20150730_203417.jpg
    $20150730_203417.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 31
Just snagged this this Ser Jacopo Hawkbill without a stem. It will be heading back out to get a new stem. Just finalizing who to send it out to! Suggestions???

$20150730_205620.jpg

Just snagged this this Ser Jacopo Hawkbill without a stem. It will be heading back out to get a new stem. Just finalizing who to send it out to! Suggestions???

View attachment 590445

It was you! I was going to do the same thing.

I think Tinsky, Boswell's or Norwood's are all great places to consider.

That Barling meer is pretty sweet too!

Top Bottom