What's new

Cella is AWESOME

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I would suspect I am in the minority, but I dont like it at all. After reading this thread this morning, I got all jazzed up about the cella, pulled out my tub of cella and gave it another shot. I really dont like it. I dont care for the smell. I think even Arko smells better. Cant put my finger on it. Smells kind of like a kitchen cleanser, not a fragrant shaving soap. And I dont care for the lather. It seems to be nice and rich and thick. But it doesnt seem to offer the right amount of protection and glide for me. I shaved this morning with a 40's no date code Super Speed, and got all nicked up along the sensitive spot on my lower neck line. I havent nicked that spot in a while, and especially not with a mild shaver. I made a really nice lather with the cella this morning. Super thick Uber lather. And I still didnt like it. So I will put it away again, and pull it out in the future. Maybe I am just not yet ready for its awesomeness?

Can't wait to try it. Ordered a brick which came in the mail this morning alone with 100 Astra SPs. Have to wait for the wife to leave for work before I open it. Luckily she didn't see the mail man. Lol. Probably nobody else hides their shipments from their wife, right? Lol. That's okay, the jokes on me. A day after I ordered it from Fendrihans, they emailed me a coupon for 20% off shaving soap. I'll let you all know what I think once I try it. C'mon wife, go to work already.

I do like Cella but I never seem to get it right on the first try. What I mean is, with my other soaps I will just wet my brush load the soap and take it to the lather bowl and make a good lather. With Cella, it seems I always either have to add more water or more product.
If it were the only soap I used I'm sure I would master it after several shaves. It is a great soap.

Can't wait to try it. Ordered a brick which came in the mail this morning alone with 100 Astra SPs. Have to wait for the wife to leave for work before I open it. Luckily she didn't see the mail man. Lol. Probably nobody else hides their shipments from their wife, right? Lol. That's okay, the jokes on me. A day after I ordered it from Fendrihans, they emailed me a coupon for 20% off shaving soap. I'll let you all know what I think once I try it. C'mon wife, go to work already.

My wife leaves for work around 2:30. That's right about the time my mailman comes. When I'm expecting a shaving gear delivery I always hope he comes after she leaves. What she don't know won't hurt her. Ha!

Cella was our inspiration for the RazoRock shaving soap business so I have to agree. Awesome soap that hasn't really changed in over a hundred years, for good reason.

I had trouble dialing in Cella at first. When I tried the Marco Method with Cella, it gave me a fantastic shave. Super slick and great cushion, too.

Cella does like water, so the very wet brush (I use an Omega 48) with almost no pressure while swirling the brush for about a minute gives me exploding lather when I go to my face. I have to add a few drops of water once or twice on the 2nd pass.

I had trouble dialing in Cella at first. When I tried the Marco Method with Cella, it gave me a fantastic shave. Super slick and great cushion, too.

Cella does like water, so the very wet brush (I use an Omega 48) with almost no pressure while swirling the brush for about a minute gives me exploding lather when I go to my face. I have to add a few drops of water once or twice on the 2nd pass.

My thoughts exactly, except I use an omega 49
I love Cella!!!

I tried something different today. I took one of those little red tubs of Cella and pushed it into a shave stick tube. Easy to do since it is soft. Well it performed just great. I always thought Cella was a good soap but I like it even more as a stick. You guys have to try this. You won't be sorry.

View attachment 634710

I have the big brick, and cut off a chunk and pressed it into my own container. I've used it once and was in love with the scent, but so-so on the performance. This thread as convinced me its time to revisit this soap tonight!

I have never tried it but based on my shopping pattern and shaving preferences its probably right up my alley. I use either Arko, Williams, or Palmolive 9 days out of 10. I'm all about real man style traditional soaps. The problem is that I have enough of those other soaps to lather the 7th Fleet-- twice! I don't know what I would do with a kilo of Cella, and the little red pot of Cella isn't reasonably priced. If one of you guys were interested in splitting a kilo with me I'd probably try it that way.

Top Bottom