What's new

Best Time For A Shave

I really enjoy getting up before my wife and daughter to shave. No distractions and I can take my time to saver some me time.

I used to shave at night but stated missing the smell of my shaving products when I got up the next morning. Now I usually shower at night and shave in the morning.

For me its after I get home from work later in the evening when nobody is home but me. No rush, and nobody trying to use the bathroom...relaxing.

My routine shave is after my morning shower, but my favorite shaves are after a day at the beach. Something so nice about washing the salt water off of the body and then topping it off with a perfect shave.

Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
― Will Rogers

If I can, I try to rise early as I like the early morning light and birdsong through the bathroom window as I shave. I am not averse to an evening shave if I've had a rough night the night before.

I prefer to shave a bit later in the morning. It's an essential part of my transformation into daytime mode, but putting it of until after breakfast and a run and maybe a little reading leaves me feeling a bit more relaxed

I usually shower later in the evening, 7-ish, but I got caught in a good shower cycling home last night ....... Not a biggie, but I didn't have any mud guards clipped on, so I ended up with my entire lower back covered in kicked up road dirt and rainwater ......... So I ended up jumping straight in the shower when I got home....... fully kitted ...... Easier and quicker to wash it all :biggrin1:

I didn't shave then, as I wanted to leave it another day as I'm off out tonight ......... However, by ten o'clock ...... I couldn't resist the Schick Hydromagic Injector I'd found in my cupboard the weekend before, the blades I'd ordered for it, or the I Coloniali soap I'd ordered with them because ....... well ...... just because .......

So ........ We all have our own habits, rituals and times of the day when we perform them according to our lives ........

But when you have a new razor and gear in the bathroom calling your name ....... You'll shave any time of day or night ........ 'Cos you can :thumbup1:

I am retired, too. I usually shave about an hour or two after I wake up. If I shave immediately upon arising my beard starts to grow after an hour.

I have grown so accustomed to shaving at night, that it annoys me if I have to lay on my pillow with a rough face.

Roll out of bed at 5, turn on the coffee maker, jump in the shower, use Suave Conditioner on my beard as a pre shave, then a fantastic 2 pass DFS in under 7 minutes every weekday I'm in Chicago.

On weekends it's at my leisure, typically after a nice relaxing breakfast.

I usually shave right before bed as it relaxes me and helps me wind down. Mornings are hard for me as I really want to sleep for as long as I can. :lol:
+1
I was a morning shaver. ...then I got into this and the smell of Arko and tabac just made me feeling so relaxed and clean... now I can't go to bed without it.

Could you grate Arko and Tabac into some homemade laundry soap? Then you'd just need to wash and change your sheets every few days.

Top Bottom