What's new

Sevette Passarounds For Europe And The Americas

I'm somewhat more slap-dash ... and possibly related to Geo Fat Boy, or a rhino? I've got away with it, though ... just a couple of weepers with a fresh blade going against the grain. Folks with more delicate skin should take care - there is a LOT of blade presentation and our favourite GEMs are not dull.

Hello all, however few "all" of us may be :-(

Well, I let is slide a few days again...maybe there's not much pressure to shave because DaltonGang and I are still the only ones on the list...? Anyway, Sunday, yesterday, was my father's 98th birthday party (that's right, not a typo...nine followed by an eight...achtundneunzig, quatre-vingts dix-huit, noventa y ocho, doksan sekiz...however you wish.) So a fine, close shave being in order, I put an NOS Blue Star in, showered, shave-oiled, and lathered in the cup with my Cade Plisson synthetic and a new bar of something called, get this, Herban Cowboy (get it?) Dusk...an inexpensive, mostly organic and vegan soap from the local health food store. Not bad, if not very strong in scent...mostly rosemary, as in the herb.

Remember, this was three and a half days in from a very close shave, so I had a good strong beard going, and guess what? The SEvette/Blue Star just mowed it right down...a great shave, again...and maybe even a little less fear? The blade is so smooth, compared to the new stainless blade from last weekend, that I wondered if it wasn't the former that had made me so cautious. Paul and Marcus, I'd love to hear you thoughts...do you suppose a smooth blade makes you more confident...? Now, more than 24 hours later, it feels as if I shaved this morning...and late this morning, at that.

In any event, a simply lovely experience for the cost of few cents (though, in passing, I do wish that I could get a few more shaves out of the carbon steel blades...I might give up on stainless altogether!) The silly thing is that stainless from Ted Pella are only about 17 or 18 cents a piece, in 200s...and given how long they last, they are a much better deal than the carbon steel from the same source, which cost half but give far less, IME, than half the shaves per blade...shall I just splurge?!

DaltonGang, if you would PM me your mailing info, I'll get this lovely thing off to you in a day or three...it will be sad to say goodbye...but then again, we may end up owning the thing ourselves, if nobody else shows up to test drive!

regards to all,

I agree that a smooth blade inspires confidence and also makes for a better shaving experience all round, and the longevity of the sevette shave is phenomenal.

Blade choice is interesting here, and the sevette is the only razor in which the stainless blades work nicely for me.

And another fine sevette shave for me too and Vicco approves!
proxy.php

I was working from 10.00am to 10.30pm and needed to stay smart so shaved with the sevette using 3 passes at 7.00am and was still looking good at 11.00pm last night.
Today I'm off to Exeter with my daughter and still look smart enough not to need another shave - amazing.

Instant irritation free guaranteed BBS even on neck and chin, the sevette delivers a magical shave.

I'm so pleased that this idea is gaining momentum and popularity and an OCMM sevette will look amazing.
A G-Bar sevette would also look superb.

And yes, like the R41 and straights, this should have NOTHING to do with bravado and EVERYTHING to do with getting the best shave.

As with shavettes, using the sevette will school you hard in technique, punish errors severely and reward good practice with simply the ultimate shave!

And you will find that afterwards your shaves with every other razor improve immensly too :)

Last edited:
Well, I've been remiss again, about posting. I shaved the 19th (described above) and again on the 21st, and then today. Tuesday in particular was just outstanding...about as good as it gets. Today was a little less good, only because I a) used the Blue Star for the third day, about its limit, IME, and b) I just did two, WTG passes...as a sort of experiment. Nice and easy, to be sure, but not the extraordinary, "will I ever have to shave again?" closeness of WTG + ATG.

I'll say it one last time, then PM @DaltonGang for his mailing address...this is a great concept, and a great razor. If I weren't sworn to pass it on to the next (and so far, last) guy, I'd keep this one forever.

regards to all

im in the uk and id like to try it please. currently struggling to get a smooth shave with DE, finding i prefer plastic disposables, and so wanting to try something different. im advised that injectors may be the answer so in the process of googling all about them and maybe buying one of those to try.
but id be interested in seeing how i get on with one of these too. are the blades easy to come by in the uk, or does the passaround include one?
ill PM you my address, thanks :)

im in the uk and id like to try it please. currently struggling to get a smooth shave with DE, finding i prefer plastic disposables, and so wanting to try something different. im advised that injectors may be the answer so in the process of googling all about them and maybe buying one of those to try.
but id be interested in seeing how i get on with one of these too. are the blades easy to come by in the uk, or does the passaround include one?
Great! So the European list is now:
1) mjclark
2) pjgh
3) wazza
4) sadexpunk
5)...

This sounds like a fun deal! as I am in the Denver area how do I get on the list for the American pass around?

After reading this thread, I'm intrigued. Should I try the sevette? I know a place where I can pick up as many SE razors as I want for $5 each. I may just have to buy one and modify it. Why not?
I don't want to join the passaround, but I'll post updates here for your amusement!

After reading this thread, I'm intrigued. Should I try the sevette? I know a place where I can pick up as many SE razors as I want for $5 each. I may just have to buy one and modify it. Why not?
I don't want to join the passaround, but I'll post updates here for your amusement!
Yes Yes YES!! It will be great to hear what you make of it :)

Happy to report that an additional new, first-time SEvette user showed up today in another thread (the long-running, "what was your SE shave today" thread.) That's @oldmpf, and I've invited him to join us here and tell us about his experience.

$P1160001.jpgFri 31 July
Because of a post on a different subject, Marcus loaned me a SEvette.

First Shave. Being a Straight Virgin was a bit of an Ask. Cheek/ Jaw/ Neck very good,even ATG. Chin/upper lip , no go areas- felt in danger.
Was A cheat [ sensible ] and finished off with Streamline.

Taking advice- reading and watching video on Straight Shaving, felt i had better have another go . My prep is always the same wash face using Neutrogena Glycerine Soap, then Lather. Used MWF which works for me. Cheeks /Jawline were shaved in a Jiffy, very smooth and close.
Then tackled chin & upper upper lip. Small light strokes on Chin, and outward strokes on lip did the job- no use of a second Razor. I will see if a neighbour can convert one of my 1912`s.

Last edited:
Sound! Use the razor on areas you're comfortable with - that's how most people approach a new/unknown razors, especially something like a straight or a razor with a serious blade presentation.

I bought an ol' G-bar today and modified it in about 5 minutes. I had my pick of two dozen SE razors but I chose the G-bar because it looked like it would be easy to modify and easy to use. Since I also have an unmodified G-bar, I will be able to compare them.
Tomorrow morning will be my first sevette adventure!

Last edited:
I bought an ol' G-bar today and modified it in about 5 minutes. I had my pick of two dozen SE razors but I chose the G-bar because it looked like it would be easy to modify and easy to use. Since I also have an unmodified G-bar, I will be able to compare them.
Oh, looking forward to hearing about it. The G-bar is such a mild creature to begin with, it's hard to imagine one transformed into something ferocious.

Oh, looking forward to hearing about it. The G-bar is such a mild creature to begin with, it's hard to imagine one transformed into something ferocious.
How exciting! I do not enjoy the shaves from G-Bar and Featherweight, but this could be the answer!

Sat 1st August 2015
Omega 11137
Lea Classic Soap - face lather
ER 1912 - SEvette
Gem S/S [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
La Toja A/S

3rd Consecutive SEvette Shave.
Have a lot to learn about use of this Razor on Chin/Upper Lip. The rest of my face/neck is shaved very easily and the resultant shave is excellent.

Not too sure about using blade again, or tame a new one to continue my SEvette experience. Looked at G Bar, easy to convert,and probably will work well as a SEvette.

$P1170001.jpg

You may well be advised to try an unconverted 1912 first, as you admit you are having problems with DE razor. I did not venture into SE shaving,until proficient with my DE Razors.
I would be happy to loan you one with blades, if you send me a PM.
Mike B

Top Bottom