What's new

NEW RFB vs De Luxe? SC or LC?

I wish you luck. I'm also a big fan of the RFB razors and have built a nice collection of them but it's not something thats going to come your way in a week or two. Stay on the hunt and you'll get one someday, it may not be the first one or the secound one you find but don't give up they are worth the wait. If you like your NEW then I'll bet you'll love the RFB.

Agreed. They only come up for sale a handful of times a month. I see more toggles than RFBs. Ha. I have a couple also that took many months to acquire.

Stuart,

It may not win a beauty contest but this RFB head will still give you a fine shave.

If you'd like to have it I'd be happy to PIF to you.

Just PM me and let me know where you'd like it sent.

$xRFBPIF2.2.jpg

$xRFBPIF1.1.jpg

Stuart,

It may not win a beauty contest but this RFB head will still give you a fine shave.

Amazingly awesome! PM sent.

THANK YOU!

Stuart,
$tumblr_moxfswPSyC1r986t6o1_400.gif

Excellent PIF Chris! Welcome to the RFB club Stuart. You will find that you will definitely still need a 2-piece RFB to keep your newly acquired RFB head company. Ha. Thanks again Chris for helping out!

Where have I been?! All this talk about RFBs and Deluxes and I've been asleep at the wheel.
I do have one tiny quibble with Edgar's comments: there is a SC RFB. Both Rotbart and 7 O'Clock (two subsidiaries of Gillette) made SC versions of the RFB. As Edgar hinted, the non-Gillette-branded SC versions are not as fantastic as the "LC" Gillette-branded versions.

Where have I been?! All this talk about RFBs and Deluxes and I've been asleep at the wheel.
I do have one tiny quibble with Edgar's comments: there is a SC RFB. Both Rotbart and 7 O'Clock (two subsidiaries of Gillette) made SC versions of the RFB. As Edgar hinted, the non-Gillette-branded SC versions are not as fantastic as the "LC" Gillette-branded versions.

:tongue_sm

Yeah, I was ignoring those. I like the Rotbart, it's a very nice shaver. The 7 o'clock OTOH ... I think we should stop inviting those to the RFB family dinners. Quite possibly the worst shaver I own. IDK, I just don't like it. YMMV of course.

:tongue_sm

Yeah, I was ignoring those. I like the Rotbart, it's a very nice shaver. The 7 o'clock OTOH ... I think we should stop inviting those to the RFB family dinners. Quite possibly the worst shaver I own. IDK, I just don't like it. YMMV of course.

Edgar, I suspect you got a bad one. My 7 O'Clock RFB is perfectly fine. Not great, by any means, but certainly not so bad that it should be excommunicated from the Family ...

Edgar, I suspect you got a bad one. My 7 O'Clock RFB is perfectly fine. Not great, by any means, but certainly not so bad that it should be excommunicated from the Family ...

Maybe mine is defective too, because I completely agree with Edgar. Mine offers TERRIBLE shaves. I actually can't think of another razor I own that offers more uncomfortable shaves than the 7 O'Clock RFB. Maybe I was just expecting a lot out of it, or maybe it's just a terrible razor...

Now accepting all 7 o'clock defective razors. [emoji14]

I find the rfb my least favorite NEW, but prefer my 7 o'clock Sc to any of the 77/88/3 pc versions.

Maybe I'll do an rfb theme and variation this week.

I gave my 7 o'clock a try last night. I didn't think it was anywhere near the shave I get with my other rfbs. I plan on trying a few different blades and giving it a week or two to grow on me. If not it goes in the display only cabinet[emoji15]

a thread that comes along exactly as I am on a personal quest to get 3 pc 15/17mm Deluxes and a British RFB. What timing. Now to just find them!!!
Good luck on your hunt. I hope you score some good ones without having to pay a fortune.
I shaved with my 15 mm Deluxe yesterday morning and with my RFB this morning. I'm a happy camper.

I got the razor today. Thanks again to Chris!

I will try it out this weekend and post my thoughts.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Mine is sure off to a good start! :)

Top Bottom