What's new

QED Lime

I have overcome acquisition disorder. Over the past several years I have used up the various soaps and creams acquired early on in my B&B experience. I am down to my last shave stick, a Speick. As a reward, especially for the hot Dallas summer, I was going to buy a QED lime shave stick. Much to my dismay, I have learned that QED soaps have been discontinued.

QED Lime had a wonderful scent. It was extremely refreshing for summer shaving. For those of you with experience with QED lime, please recommend a replacement soap or cream, if there is one, that has a strong authentic lime scent. I am looking to get as close to the QED lime scent as possible.

I see on the web site that Charles has a Vetiver & Lime. You might consider calling him to see if he has a lime in the shop. He sometimes still has small quanities of items he doesn't have listed on the website. I'm nursing my last tub of American Gent he made in a limited production run a few years ago.

I see on the web site that Charles has a Vetiver & Lime. You might consider calling him to see if he has a lime in the shop. He sometimes still has small quanities of items he doesn't have listed on the website. I'm nursing my last tub of American Gent he made in a limited production run a few years ago.

I had tried Charles a couple of weeks ago. None of the old QED Lime left. I'm going to try the Castle Forbes.

First shave with the CF Lime this morning. Very nice. It is not quite as strong as I remember QED Lime being, but it is still very limey and refreshing for a summer shave.

I own three of the new QED soaps and the soap itself is light years better in quality as it is not melt-and-pour, but custom made by him. Also, the scents are as strong and high quality as before. The vetiver-lime has the same sharp tang of lime zest in his old lime, but with the addition of vetiver giving it a sweeter earthy undertone. Not exactly the same, but totally worth the try. I wrote him a bit back to ask about whether he would make a pure lime like he did previously with the same characteristics. He said it wouldn't be an impossibility. If others "pestered" maybe he would make it happen sooner rather than later:)

Cheers!

If others "pestered" maybe he would make it happen sooner rather than later:)
I will pester Charles again. His sandalwood was wonderful as well. I seem to recall there being rules here about organizing group buys. However, even without a group buy, I am sure Charles would sell out quickly of both Lime and Sandalwood if he made a batch. My memory may not be perfect, but I recall that sandalwood eo got a little pricey and that is why he stopped making that stick. I have no idea why he stopped making the lime. Lime was a good seller for him.

Wow...on a whim, I started thinking back on the glory days when Coates Rose and Tea Tree creams and QED Sandalwood and Rose (EO versions, of course!) were everyone's white whale. This prompted me to go see if the QED website was still up an chugging along in it's antiquated form. Sure enough, there it was...but updated! With real links you can actually click on!

With excitement, I start perusing the soap pages - concern mounting as I blow through the first three pages without seeing anything made by Charles. Finally, I hit them - a wave of relief comes over me, but only temporarily. What is this stuff? Soft soap? Only a handful of scents? (Thank God, Sandalwood is among them!)

This discovery then led here, to this thread, which confirmed my fears. Guess I'll be policing my remaining tubs of QED Fresh Lime, Wild Orange, Sandalwood, and Badger & Blade even more than I already do...

Better to have loved and lost, I guess.

His Bathtub Gin shave stick always made me thirsty for a G&T. Using that and His Fresh Lime sparingly now that they both have gone away.

marty

Top Bottom