What's new

Palmolive vs Arko

I like Palmolive better too. Arko's just a little drying for me and Palmolive isn't so that's what puts it ahead in my book.

Palmolive is great indeed - excellent performance and pleasant scent. Arko, on the other hand - drying (for me), and the scent? Let's just say polarizing, and I'll leave it at that.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The scent of Palmolive makes me sneeze for some reason. And Arko lather seems to be a tad slicker. Especially on the second pass.

So, it's Arko for me.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
IMO Palmolive is Arko without the scent. Preforms just the same. I like it better.

Palmolive is my favorite shaving soap stick. La Toja is nice as well. Speick smell too much like some old men that I know, even though it is a good performer.

I have Arko in a tub. It is fine stuff, but I like Palmolive better.

Not sure which one wins for me. They're somewhat different soaps, not only the scent but also the lather itself.

ARKO is €1 per 100gr here for a softish stick
Palmolive stick is €0,75 per 50gr but a harder stick

so price per shave will be approximately the same ... no clear winner for me.

$IMG_20150620_160834.jpg
I like Palmolive too!!!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have traveled Europe extensively this year, and brought Arko sticks for my main travel lather. While out there I picked up some Palmolive and had a chance to really give it a head to head comparo. For me, even though I liked the Palmolive scent so much more than the Ivory soap smell of the Arko, the Arko gave a head over heels better lather for my face. Much thicker and much slicker. So since shave comfort is more important to me than scent, I give Arko the win in my case.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
It depends on your local water. With soft water, most shaving soaps(most, not all) will give you a very similar result so it comes down to the scent. With harder water, then you will see a difference in the quality. In this case, Arko is hands down the best of the two (I'm talking performance, not scent).

I do prefer Palmolive in terms of scent but Arko wins with the hard water that I have here.

Top Bottom