What's new

Happy Independence Day B & B!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
The Mrs. and I will be attending the local and annual 'old-fashioned' 4th of July festivities in our home town of DeRidder, LA...we hope

we can survive the heat.
proxy.php

Q. What are you gonna do this 4th of July (BBQ, 'chill', spend time w/ family, watch sports, travel, clean house ect...)
proxy.php

By Staff Reports - Beauregard Daily News - 1 Jul-15

"The City of DeRidder will host an Old Fashioned 4th of July Celebration on Saturday, July 4, from 7-9 p.m. on Washington Avenue in
downtown DeRidder.

The city will provide free hamburgers, hot dogs and watermelon. Drinks [not adult beverages] will be sold for $1.

$DeRidder, LA - 1.jpg

Fun for all ages will be had with jumps, live music, a pie eating contest, hula hoop contest and other activities. The night will conclude with a fireworks display over Washington Avenue".

Read More: http://www.beauregarddailynews.net/article/20150701/NEWS/150709974

proxy.php

proxy.php
"A [person's] country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle". Geroge William Curtis

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I suspect a BBQ is in order. I have the weekend off so the sky's the limit!

Be safe everyone!

My wife and I have had the great pleasure to spend the glorious 4th on baseball trips in the U.S. the last two years. Our American "cousins" have been having a rough time lately, but up close and personal there aren't a finer group of people to sit and watch a ballgame, pound back some beers with and generally shoot the breeze with.
We Canadians couldn't have better neighbours. Happy 4th of July!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
My wife and I have had the great pleasure to spend the glorious 4th on baseball trips in the U.S. the last two years. Our American "cousins" have been having a rough time lately, but up close and personal there aren't a finer group of people to sit and watch a ballgame, pound back some beers with and generally shoot the breeze with.
We Canadians couldn't have better neighbours. Happy 4th of July!
Bruce:
proxy.php
...great story and thanx for sharing! :thumbsup:

When I was a young pup growing up in East Lansing, MI playing hockey 'in the nets' on various traveling teams, I remembered I always enjoyed playing hockey in Windsor, Kitchener, Hamilton and Toronto to name a few cities.
proxy.php

Or years ago, when I was stationed at Fort Drum, NY playing hockey in nearby cities such as
Gananoque and Kingston or seeing Saint John Paul II during the 17th World Youth Day 2002 in Toronto or the Mrs. and I 2003 vacation in Quebec
or seeing some of most
breath-taking views (like crossing the Thousand Islands Bridge), in the world.
attachment.php

To sum up, I've always found our Canadian
cousins and neighbors to be a hard working, full of life, friendly, out-going, enjoyable and gracious ('kicking back' Molson & Labatt brewskis), people to be with!
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Canada is Yours to Discover'...[where Hockey is The Coolest Game on Earth...Yeah Baby]!!!. Canada Tourism Slogan

PS Tell me again...when is Canada's
Independence Day
proxy.php

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Austin, Texas has the fireworks festivities, but getting into the city to see the action is a total PITA. So, I'd rather sit out in the back yard, smoke some ribs, drink a beer and watch the fire flies.

Top Bottom