What's new

Help identifying this razor

I got it from my father at law.
I suspect it some kind of Gillete but it is no mark on the razor.
$IMG_1583.jpg$IMG_1584.jpg$IMG_1585.jpg$IMG_1586.jpg$IMG_1587.jpg

With no markings on it, I would lean towards it being a Soviet copy of a Gillette Knack. The TTO knob isn't right for a Knack. eBay has quite a few Soviet razors made to look like the Knack, Slim Twist and Super Adjustable razors from Gillette. Search "Russian razor" and you'll see some examples.

Looks like a knock off of an English Gillette G-2000.

It should have some markings somewhere. These were made in a number of countries (US, UK, Mexico, maybe others too)

I'd vote for Soviet clone.

With no markings on it, I would lean towards it being a Soviet copy of a Gillette Knack. The TTO knob isn't right for a Knack. eBay has quite a few Soviet razors made to look like the Knack, Slim Twist and Super Adjustable razors from Gillette. Search "Russian razor" and you'll see some examples.

Knacks have date markings. They were U.S. made from 1968-1971 Date letters N through R.

Top Bottom