What's new

W&B original restore

Yesterday I finished this WB for one of our members members​. The blade was hand sanded but he wanted more polish while keeping the etch as intact as possible. I did full hand polish to mirror with no scratches left and the etch intact. The scales are black G10 with red acrylic wedge, The razor also had a pretty significant bent in the tang so that took some creativity to fit but now it closes center and is nice and tight.

Last edited:
Really beautiful work. I like the shape of the scales, too. Nice and simple, without competing with the ornate etching.

What grit sandpaper did you start with and what did you finish with. I recently acquired a razor that has etching on it but needs some love removing patina and small amounts of corrosion. Also I've seen the thread about how to hand polish but all I got from it was if i have heavy pitting. Btw I think this yours looks gorgeous.

What grit sandpaper did you start with and what did you finish with. I recently acquired a razor that has etching on it but needs some love removing patina and small amounts of corrosion. Also I've seen the thread about how to hand polish but all I got from it was if i have heavy pitting. Btw I think this yours looks gorgeous.

I used sandpaper and polishing film from 600 to 8k.

Top Bottom