What's new

1969 Gillette Tech

So I scored this guy on Ebay. It was as good as described. As close to mint as a used razor can be. In fact, had I bought New Old Stock, it would look this way in a year anyway (though, I might add one of those in a while if I find it). No pitting, no tarnish, no chips at all.

The shave? As good as my trusty Edwin Jagger. I was expecting no less from the reviews of these classic shavers. And to boot, it is a 1969 - closer to my birth year (December of '68) than an actual 1968 razor would be.

Can't wait to take it for a spin again this evening...

proxy.php

Last edited:
Very nice!

Do your best to keep it free of soap film (holds moisture) and dry it with a soft towel after use. Doing so, will add years to the service life of that Tech.

These later "faceted and embossed" top caps are zinc alloy (instead of brass). It is important to keep the plating as nice as possible because these zinc alloy pieces are not able to be replated with any degree of success. Clean and dry = many years of enjoyment from your razor!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
A familiar face. Shaved with a '68 Tech head today, but attached to a Maggard MR5 handle.

Best of worlds ... mild shaver (moderate with a Feather) and the heftier sculpted handle.

Techs rock. Much easier to clean than an adjustable ...

AA

I have 4-5 techs. If that (I think) aluminum handle annoys you, use the EJ handle. OR....... Time to fall in the hole of all techs and varying handle or head combos. Fat Handle FTW. IMO.

Top Bottom