What's new

Post #657 Combe Email Confirming Williams Mug Shave Soap Discontinued

I've never seen or read a good review of Marvy. You mean to say it works for you? Provides a stable, thick lather?

I'd love to use Marvy, but I have a roll of vintage Colgate Barber Soap from the 1940s that is pretty much the perfect "mug" soap. Except the scent is long gone.

I've never tried Marvys. I'm hoping someone else will give it a go so I don't have to. :laugh:

Just to be in the spirit i have now 49 pucks and i intend to stop at around 60

Current count 53 modern pucks. (And about 80 vintage).

Y'know, if it really gets discontinued... Modern pucks will become vintage! We'll have to start referring to the modern pucks as "Combe era" just to keep it clear.

From a purely rational business standpoint it makes sense regardless of our little pocket of resistance. The greatest consumers of Williams Mug soap, to venture a guess, were the WWII generation. They are almost all gone. I am sorry to see it go.

I was basically "meh" on the product, but I have "given it a go" the last two days and I do get a nice frothy lather by pre-soaking the puck.

Got a pretty good shave.

Dear Mr. H*****:

Thank you for contacting us regarding Williams Mug Soap. We welcome all comments about our products.

We are very sorry to inform you that it has been discontinued. Regrettably, we do not have an alternative or replacement product to recommend.

Thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,
Karen
Karen
Senior Consultant, Consumer Resources
Received this today. :-(

I will truly miss Williams Mug Soap. It always worked well for me. I have been using it for 45 years. It was always readily available. Now all that is available is VDH. The usual assortment of canned creams and gels of course. NOTHING FOR THE REFINED GENTLEMAN HOWEVER. I guess I'll have to go Commando!

After 175 years I think Williams deserves a formal press release, even if its just on their website.

Put me in the camp that hopes it gets bought by another company. Who knows how much the rights cost however.

Top Bottom