What's new

Post #657 Combe Email Confirming Williams Mug Shave Soap Discontinued

To all of you who use modern Williams i'm trowing a chalenge, simple take a new puck shave whit it every day or every time you shave until the puck is done(using the Vezz method or your's). To me i never had issue's whit Williams. Gino

To all of you who use modern Williams i'm trowing a chalenge, simple take a new puck shave whit it every day or every time you shave until the puck is done(using the Vezz method or your's). To me i never had issue's whit Williams. Gino

I would join you, Gino, but I did exactly that with my last puck. Started my current puck on 9/14, but didn't use it today because I finally got my hands on a puck of vintage Williams and had to try it. I'll be alternating that with my modern Williams and my creams and sticks going forward. So good luck with your 3017 challenge but I won't be joining you on it.

Last edited:
Confused about the emails posted with conflicting information I wrote the company myself. I don't want to aggravate anyone but I wanted an answer. This is the response I received from Tamara at Combe on 10/01/15.
***************************************************************************************************

Thank you for your email to Combe Incorporated. We sincerely apologize for the delay in responding to your request.

We are not discontinuing the William's Mug Soap but this product is in limited distribution.

Again, we apologize for the delay and want to thank you for taking the time to contact us and appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,Tamara
Tamara
Consumer Resources Consultant

Case #545162

Do not reply to this email. If you wish to reply Please Click Here

-----------------------------------------ORIGINAL EMAIL-----------------------------------------

Comment:
Are you discontinuing Williams Mug Soap?

And here I was stocking my supplies for the inevitable doomsday. Oh well, at least I have enough soap for a while!

$received_10207483143174107.jpg

I don't care what Tamara or anybody else at Combe says. I know what my own eyes see. Meijer, Kroger, Walgreen's and 3 or 4 other stores in this area always had Williams. No longer. I search their online inventory and get "No match" or "No product listed." I ask my family in Boston area to look and ask about Williams in stores that I know carried it forever, and none of them carry it anymore. If its not available then its not available. Can't get much less "limited availability" than none. Wake up! I strongly urge all to stock up on Williams. I paid $38 shipped for 24 pucks from Pharmapacks 10 days ago. They're offering 24 today for $31.36. You won't beat that.

Let him who has ears to hear, listen!

I kind of seriously doubt that Williams will ultimately disappear, HOWEVER, the way you put that and some other's say the same thing, I may get a few. I found a way out of the way dollar store 'up north' last week that had one dollar Aqua Velva and ten or so pucks of Williams stickered 99 cents. May drive up that way again and buy them, just to have at least those few sitting around here. At the rate I would use it, 8 or 10 would certainly be a lifetime supply for me, and who knows, maybe it will get better with age?

Williams has been disappearing from stores, but not because it's being discontinued... It's because most of the larger stores and some small, have decided to carry VDH instead of Williams. It happened at Walmart a long time ago. That was probably a huge hit to Williams. Your best bet to find Williams is in grocery stores and smaller pharmacies.

I found some the other day at Wegmans and picked up 3 for the hell of it. At only 99 cents, figured it wouldn't break me if I didn't like it.

Practitioners of the black art of Williams mug soap lathering can rejoice! Huzzah ! :w00t:

Me?...don't make a lick of difference ...not a fan :laugh:

MuuuHahaaaaaaaaaaa ......

I come from the future - it's 2019 and I still see Williams Mug Shave pucks for sale. Even E-Bay has it.

Still in my local grocery store! Good thing I have enough Arko to last me a while. But, I better buy some Williams just in case. You never know Arko could be next. Too good, too cheap.

Top Bottom