What's new

Where do you find your pipes online?

So I have been to a few sites on the web and I was wondering where you guys like to look around for pipes, baccy and other accessories. Also I am looking for a churchwarden that is at least 13+ inches with a curved stem. If anyone has some leads please let me know. Thanks all.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
eBay, smokingpipes, pipesandcigars, 4noggins, and Iwan Ries and my main online shops.

D

dwLost

+1 on the above.

Also remember to always check if the pipe pictured is in fact the pipe you will receive. Only a few of the on-line stores mention this and that to me is a big factor when choosing a pipe online.

just me 2 cents

+1 on the above.

Also remember to always check if the pipe pictured is in fact the pipe you will receive. Only a few of the on-line stores mention this and that to me is a big factor when choosing a pipe online.

just me 2 cents

+1000! This is very important to me which is why I don't purchase from some sites.
Smokingpipes.com, Alpascia.com, Cupojoes.com, Smoke-king.co.uk, Paylesspipes.com, and Smoke.co.uk are my go to sites.

I do a lot of my pipe shopping on smoking pipes as well. I've had mess with returns on pipes and cigars website from poor angled pictures and bad descriptions.

D

dwLost

I live in an area with a city and suburban population over Million+ people (not to mention Chicago just down the road) and to be honest yes I have a few pipe shops available but "only a few". AND it's hard to find a pipe at the right price locally not to mention driving around looking for that special or different pipe you had in mind. On-line I think is by default where we can find these little gems. Tobacco, accessories, supplies (and cigars) and that surprise pipe find you hadn't noticed before - easy enough and hey, come on, we all want to support the local B&M anyway. I deal mostly with smokingpipes on line, friendly, easy returns (I study the pictures, I receive the pipe If I like it I keep it, but I think I have just as many returns as buys - when they see an order from me they must roll their eyes) But all said Good people and like instant emails. And I can do it in my shorts smoking my favorite backy!

cigar international has pipes. Although I have only purchased cigars and accessories there, they do have a pipe section. I have placed an order for 5 different pipe tobaccos and two cobbs that are on the way. But I have never had a problem with this company and have placed an order about once every one to two years for the last ten years. I will probably buy my next nice pipe there as well.

I've bought,and smoked, E.A.Cary pipes since 1965. I've never found a pipe that smokes or is a dry as a Cary pipe.

Oh, yes Cary pipes are NOT filter pipes. What looks like a filter is a moisture barrier for a dry smoke.

http://www.eacarey.com/

Last edited:
cigar international has pipes. Although I have only purchased cigars and accessories there, they do have a pipe section. I have placed an order for 5 different pipe tobaccos and two cobbs that are on the way. But I have never had a problem with this company and have placed an order about once every one to two years for the last ten years. I will probably buy my next nice pipe there as well.

The funny thing is that Cigars International and Pipes & Cigars are owned by the same company. I find that you get better deals at P&C.

All of the above, plus forum sales threads. If you buy directly from the maker, as opposed to a shop, you can also get a lot of pipe for your money as there is no mark-up.

Top Bottom