What's new

Show Me Your Collection

My wife and youngest daughter got tired of seeing my collection lying about the table next to my easy chair so they gave me a display case for father’s day. Got me to thinking... Hmmm, what do other collections look like and how are they displayed? As I go through the B&B threads I see a lot of pics of razors one or two and sometimes more. But I have yet to see full collections. I am sure we are all proud of our collections, I know I am, and take any opportunity to show those that come into our homes. So why not share it with our B&B family? And while you’re at it, share with us how you got started in this wonderful hobby of ours and which one are you the most proud of.

(As any gentleman would do when given the opportunity to view someone's pride and joy please refrain from posting critiques, inconsistencies or judgement on another's collection).

My oldest daughter gave me a Super Speed Flair Tip (B4) for my birthday in 2014. It quickly became my daily shaver. The first of this year I decided to try and find my birth razor (D1). In my search I was amazed at all the different types and the history behind them, as well as how historical events affected production. I currently have 23 razors but the one that takes center stage is a 1908 single ring with signature.

$Slide1.jpg$Slide2.jpg$Slide3.jpg$Slide4.jpg$Slide5.jpg

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Gary you have rendered me speechless. My hats off to you.

Oh and HOLY CRAP!!!

Thanks Toothpick, once I get some proper display cases I can bring the boxes of razors hidden away in the garage and organize this into a more appealing collection. I am hoping in the next 6 months I get built in cases that will have enough room to display the razors resting inside of their cases.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Thanks Toothpick, once I get some proper display cases I can bring the boxes of razors hidden away in the garage and organize this into a more appealing collection. I am hoping in the next 6 months I get built in cases that will have enough room to display the razors resting inside of their cases.

I think you mean "organize in to a museum".

Thanks for posting! Really awesome stuff!

Scout, you got a good family to give you such a nice gift.

Gary, all I can say is "When do you leave for work" and "Where do you keep the spare key?"

Last edited:
I still have a long way to go, just wait until I get the garage boxes moved into the razor room (When I get built in display cases) that will be a sight to see. Right now this collection is all over the place all mixed up and not organized at all.

Not sure I want to post my modest collection now. Mine fits in one cabinet although it's getting crowded. Ha. Wow Gary! You might rival Mr. Razor himself. Love it.

Top Bottom