What's new

Somebody has themselves a nice Belmont NEW Deluxe!

EXCEPT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME!!! Just received a damaged, empty box from Austria and I'm pizzed. Adding to the insult, ebay.com redirects me to ebay.de for resolution since that is the site I purchased it on - this should be interesting...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/GILLETTE-Ras...9So55GaBt4hUyDbzWJTew%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
proxy.php

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I too would be pizzed.

And there is the postage from Austria. I wouldn't want to pay that.

Wow ... is that the Criterion set you paid via bank transfer?
No, fortunately - PayPal transaction, but I was surprised by the re-direct from ebay.com to ebay.de. Lesson here is if I see something on a European site, see if I can access the listing through the US site before purchasing.

The bank transfer (thanks to a very helpful B&B member who shall remain nameless - but who knows he has my heartfelt gratitude) was for an absolutely stunning pre-15 that was waiting for me when I got home from a motorcycle trip last night. Remember how my wife told me I had to stop? <LOL>

I too would be pizzed.

And there is the postage from Austria. I wouldn't want to pay that.
I'd much rather have the razor since it was a screaming deal for a genuine 2-piece, but I guess I'll be settling for the purchase price and postage.

Wow, way not cool. The worst thing about stuff like that is waiting to resolve it. Nobody close by to strangle.

Wow!.. That was supposed to be MY razor!

Sorry to see it ended up this way, Dan.
Could the razor be stolen on it's way to you or did they ship empty box?
Try resolution through PayPal!
Good luck!

I don't think a seller with almost 700 transactions and 100% positive feedback would ship an empty box, his feedback is worth a lot more than €60.

Good luck, Dan. You won't need it, because Paypal will surely give you your money back. But I know how frustrating it is, especially when it's a decent deal on a scarce razor.

Wow! Really. What a crock. I hope you get this resolved.
I've been using much stronger language!

Wow, way not cool. The worst thing about stuff like that is waiting to resolve it. Nobody close by to strangle.
ebay.com's (not ebay.de) Resolution Center has just responded, so maybe I'll be lucky enough to resolve this without continually resorting to Google Translate <lol>

Wow!.. That was supposed to be MY razor!

Sorry to see it ended up this way, Dan.
Could the razor be stolen on it's way to you or did they ship empty box?
Try resolution through PayPal!
Good luck!
I'll sell you my place in line with the Resolution Center <grin>
The shipping box itself was originally sealed with brown packing tape but it looked like it had been crushed and broken open, and re-sealed with clear tap over the brown. To be honest, I don't know if I'm the victim of bad packaging by the seller, or by theft somewhere in the postal chain.

Check the box over carefully. Is there double layers of tape where it was opened then taped back up?

This is why I always unbox things in front of a camera just in case.

Edit: We posted at the same time. take a picture of the clear tape over the brown packing tape. Somebody got sticky fingers. Report this to your post master. The seller might need to get pictures of it and make an insurance claim on his side.

That's a sad story to tell. You will have to look out for anyone selling the stolen razor on ebay, they may be stupid enough to try this...
Good luck getting a resolution and refund.

I believe it's postal worker theft. It's happened to me too.
The box had been pretty well crushed and split on one side and the entire end covered in clear plastic tape over the original brown(haven't been able to post pics on the forum since last night, for some reason), so it is quite possible the razor fell out. It may also have been opened by Customs. So many possibilities...

That really sux.
I've only heard of thefts, but never experienced myself.
Sadly, it looked like a great set to have.
My concern is that it was/is a great piece of history that is now likely in the hands of someone who won't appreciate it properly.

That's a sad story to tell. You will have to look out for anyone selling the stolen razor on ebay, they may be stupid enough to try this...
Good luck getting a resolution and refund.
Thanks - ebay says next step happens after 16 July...

Many packages are opened by U.S. Customs....
This would not be the first time something has been 'inadvertently' misplaced there.
I would check with them as well. The point of customs entry into the U.S. should be
stamped on the shipping box.

Bob
Dragonmaster

Sorry to hear about this Dan. I know how you feel. I had a number of packages "disappear " and when it was all said and done a mailman got fired and was a also supposed to be prosecuted as well. Most of what was missin was not razor stuff though, most was medicine from the local VA. I hope that dummy is sitting in jail right now. And I hope someone stole his inhalers and pain meds.

Last edited:
Many packages are opened by U.S. Customs....
This would not be the first time something has been 'inadvertently' misplaced there.
I would check with them as well. The point of customs entry into the U.S. should be
stamped on the shipping box.

Bob
Dragonmaster
The point of entry SHOULD be stamped, but isn't. And if it was Customs, there SHOULD have been an inspection note, but there isn't. And if it was damaged in shipment and repacked by USPS, it should be noted, but isn't. And USPS SHOULD recognize the Austrian tracking number to file a claim, but doesn't. And the USPS SHOULD accept an international claim form, but it requires the SHIPPER'S signature - yeah, right. Nothin' good happening on this one...

Sorry to hear about this Dan. I know how you feel. I had a number of packages "disappear " and when it was all said and done a mailman got fired and was a also supposed to be prosecuted as well. Most of what was missin was not razor stuff though, most was medicine from the local VA. I hope that dummy is sitting in jail right now. And I hope someone stole his inhalers and pain meds.
Wow, Alan - my loss is inconsequential in comparison.

*****UPDATE*****

I filed a claim with eBay immediately, and I am forever thankful for Google's translate function since this all had to be conducted through eBay.DE (how appropriate <grin>). When filed, the auto-response said I would need to wait until July 16th for a Seller's response and could escalate at that point if I still was not satisfied.

Well, at 12:01 a.m. CET (Central European Time) I received a robot email from eBay.DE asking if I had received an answer/received my item/received a refund and I responded that I had not received an answer from the Seller. 15 minutes later - 15 MINUTES LATER!!! - my PayPal account had been credited for full purchase and shipping costs. Kudos to eBay for stellar performance!

I found this comment in their confirmation email to be a bit interesting, since upgraded shipping was agreed to and paid for:

"Comments:
We didn't receive valid shipping or tracking information from the seller. We're sorry you had a problem with your purchase, and we're issuing you a refund for this case."

I also find it interesting that eBay has deleted the item from my Purchase History so I have no ability to leave feedback - let's hope a non-response to no receipt leads to some eBay repercussions that would be visible to potential Buyers.

So, for all who cruise the non-US eBay sites for great deals, be prepared to handle the Resolution Center processes in the language of the site where you purchase - Google Translate is your friend. I hadn't even thought of this side-effect, but given my positive experience, it won't influence my international purchases.

But I'd still rather have that razor!!!

Now that we have the money back gotta look for the razor.
I've set my radar to finest so that it can detect any suspicious listing.

Top Bottom