What's new

Carrying your Smartphone

+1. I have had good results with OtterBox cases. I tend to carry the phone in the breast pocket of my jacket.

I run an a Trident case on my Note3, it seems to protect well and is minimal.

Someone a few pages ago spoke an entirely different language. I have no idea what rooting does, much less all the other techno talk. Rooted, smart dwarf, ice cream sandwich..etc. Lol, it sounds cool though.

I have tried numerous covers and clips and other accessories down through the years. Most of them are more trouble than they're worth.

My current phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) rides in my left front pocket, screen side against my leg in case it gets bumped. No covers or other dress-ups, not even a screen protector. It is handy and ready when I need it.

I have dropped the phone a couple times over the last year and a half. There is a small dent on one corner, but that's all.

My only accessory is a small dongle that fits into the earphone jack, but does nothing. It is just a plastic plug that keeps dust out, but the main reason I use it is so that when I reach for my phone, I can tell which end is up.

I doubt I'll ever go back to using covers or clips again, no matter what device I carry. They are outrageously expensive and most things work better without them.

I like to use a TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) case, to get some protection against drops without adding much bulk. They are inexpensive and come in a variety of colors. My glass backed Nexus has fallen a few times onto hard surfaces (hardwood and tile floors) and I give the TPU skin credit for protecting the device from breaking.

I have a Galaxy S5, and I went with an Otterbox Defender (it helped that it was available with a licensed NFL logo). Now, it comes with a basic screen protector built in, but I popped that out and went with a ZAGG InvisibleShield glass screen protector from Best Buy. The screen feels as slick as the original screen, but it is scratch and shatterproof. I carry the phone in the holster that comes with the case, clipped to my belt over my right front pocket. I carry it horizontally, so that it doesn't dig in when I am seated.

I have an iPhone 5S and I carry it in a Nutshell belt holster (vertical carry with a tab over the top). I've used their cases for years and they are fantastic. Top quality leather, durable, great protection, a belt clip that would double as a climbing carabiner(!), and they look good. Not cheap, but you don't need to replace them every six months like some other junk I've had. They're based in New Zealand and it takes a while for shipments to make it here to the States, but worth the wait. http://tuff-as-nuts.com/index.aspx

proxy.php

I just got issued a work one today for my new job. Now I have to carry two? Work and personal? What a PITA.

Help me out as well. I feel like a drug dealer.

You know, if the phones were really smart they could set them up with more than one number to ring through, that is more than one account per phone. Your employer could pay for part of the phone, and the business line, and you could have the ability to turn off either account, say the business line if not on duty.

Not many iPhone users posting in here..

I have my iPhone 5S in an Otterbox, been using the Defender Series on the last couple phones, mainly because of the belt clip. These do help a lot when you drop it though, and you will drop it!

If the question is still valid, I recommend Trident cases. I use one for my Motorola Moto G, my fiancée and her oldest use Trident cases for their Motorola Moto E cells. Compare them to Otterbox, and go from there.

Top Bottom