What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I don't have the Stirling, but I do have the Strop Shoppe rosemary mint and like it very much. Classic combination.

Cheers, Steve

I love the bath soap, and the shave is on my list. Right now I am working on using up soaps I already have, so it is on the wish list.

You may need to load a little longer--and then use a little more water--with the Stirling than you did with the Proraso.

Barbershop and Almond Creme are two of my favorites!

BTW, Sharp Dressed Man is named after the ZZ Top song of the same name.

Have yet to try Stirling yet the owner sounds like a class act and will try this soap eventually. ..

It's tempting to pick it up at a reduced rate yet just received several samples of other stuff ;)
May wait for the latest update...any eta info?

Oh man...I had the worst Stirling shave soap experience the other day!

It was a sample of the black cherry and I just kept loading and loading and loading and then face lathered for ages and nothing but light, airy foam!...not lather, foam!!

I washed it out of the brush and went with MWF and had a wonderful shave!

I then started to think how could this soap be so horrible when my MITA, Frozen Tundra and Anise are so damn good???

Then it struck me, the sample was not round but rectangle...it was a BATH SOAP sample! :blush:

Stirling shave soaps have performed great for me!!

I got a the tub of executive man recently that I hadn't opened. I opened it and yep, it stinks. I am glad it seems it is a simple fix of letting it air out.

It was a sample of the black cherry and I just kept loading and loading and loading and then face lathered for ages and nothing but light, airy foam!...not lather, foam!!

I then started to think how could this soap be so horrible when my MITA, Frozen Tundra and Anise are so damn good???

Then it struck me, the sample was not round but rectangle...it was a BATH SOAP sample! :blush:

:lol:

I have several Stirling shave soaps, SDM, Island Man, Coconut Lime, and Coniferous, and have had no issues with an off-odor.

Only the Island Man was in the new green plastic jar. The rest were pucks that I molded into my tins.

They are stand-up folks over at Stirling. Fantastic soaps, at very reasonable prices!

Rod is a great guy and very easy to do business with. We all make mistakes, it is how we handle and respond to those mistakes is what separates us.

I picked up two of the sale tubs as I love Stirling and don't mind airing them out. The black pepper lime was a little funky. Margaritas in the arctic smelled fine to my nose. I have them sitting with the lids off. Great deal for a great soap.

Had another great shave with my ozark mountain sample today. Will definitely be ordering a full puck when I finish it. Class A products.

Ummmm, yeah. Did the same thing..... once I realized it was a bath soap, I now have several Stirling bath soaps :blushing:

Once I tried Stirling SHAVE soaps I haven't ordered anything else. I notice they do vary from one to another, something about being a small batch maker I am sure. I hear the earlier soaps were very hit and miss, I came to the Stirling party late and everything I have bought has been outstanding. I haven't noticed an underlying smell, but I am currently hitting the extreme scents so the funk may be masked. I keep the soaps in pyrex bowls with lids so if there was a funk to accumulate I think I would have noticed it.

Sterling is the only soap I use. I buy the pucks and put them in my own plastic containers. I've never had a problem. Once I finished the 7 soaps I have I may venture out and try a few others...Cold River, Tabac, Tiki etc.

Well I let the puck air out for a while and the awful scent did lose a lot of its strength but is still there. Rod mentions in his Facebook post that some don't seem to mind the smell and it's off-putting to others. I'm thinking some people are just really sensitive to the scent and others don't pick it up. Even after letting the puck air out, although the bad smell is weaker it is still all I smell. I smell no fragrance in the soap at all, just a weaker bad smell. Now the weird part is I had my wife smell it and she really likes it, she isn't picking out what I'm smelling at all.

I ended up asking Rod about it. He said he thinks I may have gotten one of the earlier batches and that he has reformulated the soap, it now has 25% more fragrance and is clay free. I told him I had to make an order soon from him because the sample of Barbershop aftershave wasn't enough, he is going to slip me a new puck of Executive Man. He was great to deal with and truly seems concerned about his customers satisfaction.

Also, He told me to wait until today to order since he started a 4th of July sale... 10% everything.

I have used their "Texas on Fire" soap, and it's fantastic. The scent is unlike any other shaving soap, definitely a manly smell.....campfire & creosote. Highly recommended!!

Top Bottom