What's new

Nacet - Made in England

Found these at a flea market over the weekend. Vintage blades don't seem to have much resale value here and they look decent, so I think I'll give them a try. Has anyone here used them / have info, feedback, etc on them? I've seen the Gillette Nacet ones posted here as well as the Nacet razor, but I don't think I've seen the England ones before.

$Nacet 01.jpg$Nacet 02.jpg

Last edited:
I believe your English Nacets were the last production run,here is the original version.

Attachments

• $nacet1.jpg
    $nacet1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 143
  • $nacet2a.jpg
    $nacet2a.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 142
Nice fine. A1 should be 1955 or 1980. If they are 1955 they are probably carbon steel. 1980 seems more likely, and then they would almost certainly be stainless. However it is odd that they do not say "stainless" anywhere.

Thx. I'll let you guys (and girls?) know how they shave when I get a chance. It's a mystery if they are carbon or stainless. Any sure way to test?

Finally got around to trying this blade - not very sharp. I switched to another blade (Bic) after a few strokes and it was much better. You should be able to slice a small gecko in half with these, but not an alligator :tongue_sm

Finally got around to trying this blade - not very sharp. I switched to another blade (Bic) after a few strokes and it was much better. You should be able to slice a small gecko in half with these, but not an alligator :tongue_sm

Could be the edges are oxidized,not to the naked eye,but after all these years it is to be expected.They were probably a fine blade when new.Vintage blades ,no matter what brand,are always a gamble.

Thx. I'll let you guys (and girls?) know how they shave when I get a chance. It's a mystery if they are carbon or stainless. Any sure way to test?

Use it at least once, and keep it around. If you start to see rust within a week or so, it is definitely carbon steel.

Well that's a little disappointing to here. Maybe a short bath in alcohol and a bit of stropping?

Top Bottom