What's new

Funny video review of Gillette Flexball Razor

^^^^I don't know if any of you guys know Aaron Marino (aka Alpha M), but he is a pretty cool guy. Anyway, he kinda hates Gillette like many of you do, so I thought you guys would get a kick out of his video review of the Flexball. Enjoy, fellas!! :laugh::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you suppose that's what was in Marsellus Wallace's briefcase?

proxy.php

That was pretty funny. Not sure why, but the sound it made when he shaved his Adams apple made me cringe. Almost like there was no lubrication from the shaving cream at all.... May be stirring up memories in my subconscious or something.

:lol::thumbup: That's hilarious. Thank you for sharing this video. Now I'm off to shave in straight lines with a pre-war tech.

That's some straight up HATE!!! I've seen a few of his videos, you would think he would have discovered that using a brush and cream/soap gives a much better result than smearing cream on your face with your finger tips.

Still more evidence that Gillette is running up against a very hard truth. The simple fact is that the issues of shaving your face with a blade are now very thoroughly understood. There just aren't any great patentable innovations that can compel people to spend more and more on hardware. The only thing left that people will find compelling is an affordable blade that lasts a long time. Listening to some of the vintage blade fanciers, that was tried in the 70's and did not produce the returns that the bean counters wanted. You produce a longer lasting blade and people don't have to buy as many.

The simple fact is that over time industries mature and can no longer sustain the kind of revenue growth that modern investors look for. Gillette has had a great run at rejuvenating their industry, but to keep the growth train moving they've had to rely more and more on marketing and less and less on improving the actual usefulness of their product. Gillette or Schick or someone can go and add a Shiatsu massage feature, a sun lamp, and gyroscopic stabilization to their next razor and nobody will find it compelling. That leaves them competing on quality and price which means less revenue and lower margins. This makes it seem likely to me that P&G will be spinning off Gillette in the next few years after milking it for every penny.

It would certainly explain the band aid on the back of his head - it was a gouge with a crappy razor. :)

To be fair, if there's one thing a Fusion is good at, it's providing a nick/weeper/cut free shave. Beyond that, I'm really at a loss to understand why some people like them. That's not cartridge hate talking. I can make a decent case for any other Gillette cart model, but whenever I revisit the Fusion (including ProGlide), I always find myself asking the same question: why do people buy these at any price?

I have to admit I got hooked onto proglide. Its comfort and quick one pass shave, easily got embedded in my daily routine.

I can understand the convenience factor. The Fusion/ProGlide is an efficient razor; a single pass will get you into SAS territory. But I really don't find it comfortable. That many blades creates a high degree of drag. Comparing it to an Atra (which, to me, has the best glide of any Gillette cartridge) is like the difference between skating on a gravel road versus an ice rink.

I could never get my hands on atra razor or cartridges but I am sure it is a great razor. I will continue to search for such a masterpiece from Gillette. Twin blade carts are extinct in my country. :sob:

That's a bummer. I'm guessing, then, the Indian market doesn't extend to Pakistan? Some of the best two-blade carts on the market are the Indian Gillette 7 O'Clock PII. There's even a PII handle, which, from what I can tell, is a current-production equivalent of a vintage Trac II handle. (That said, I prefer my Merkur Trac II handle, although when I bought it, it sold for half as much as it goes for now.)

I can never quite make up my mind what I think is Gillette's best cartridge, since each one has its pros and cons. However, for me, the debate always boils down to the twin blades: Trac II, Atra, and Sensor Excel.

I hope you guys realize that this dude is probably paid by gillette.?
He shows off the box it comes in, the contents in it, shows you the product and what it's designed to do. Then blasts it to hell and back, marketing 101, if you tell everyone how **** a product is, they will go out and buy it to see if it's true.

Then if the razor is such garbage, why would he even post a link, which is conveniently on his video?.

If I say "BMW'S ARE THE WORST CARS EVER!" more people will buy one to see why they are so bad.
Many people likely bought the razor because of his blasting of it, so they could see if what he is saying is true.

I'm not saying he is paid, but what I'm saying is that he is paid.

On a side note, people watching this video probably saw him put a thin bit of shaving cream on a dry beard and took a hack at it. Subconsiously they know you're supposed to have a wet beard, or have come out of the shower before you shave, so that gave them MORE incentive to buy it and try it properly.

Just saying. After all, I never was a marketing major :001_rolle

Top Bottom