What's new

Funny video review of Gillette Flexball Razor

It would be interesting to see the numbers, sales-wise, of this Fusion pro-glide/powerball thingy. On his last visit home, my one son who uses the Fusion pro-glide laughed when we were having a Dad-Son chat in the bathroom while he was shaving (jeez, that
doesn't read right), and he laughed when I asked if he considered using the powerball thingy.
Gillette, when you've lost the callow youth demographic, you're doomed. Even these kids can spot the whiff of desperation.

I am at a disagreement here. The pricier the product gets, the more people become careful in purchasing it. They will try to evaluate the product from every angle. Subconsciously most customers look for a reason why they shouldn't purchase it.

In my country, proglide blades are imported from Singapore (the cheapest around $12.7) , Australia ($13.5) and south african markets ($15.50). Interesting fact about these proglide packs is that their manufacturing date is 5 years old (my guess is that these blades had no success in their original markets and are now being dumped here at slightly lower price). Shopkeepers here are trying their best to sell these but I don't see anyone taking it.

Here is an interesting conversation that I had with one retail store manager

(I was about to check out with my DE 7 o clock blades. The store manager was standing behind the trainee cashier and instructing him)

Manager :
Have you tried our latest Gillette fusion blades? These blades provide an excellent shave.

Me:
Why yes I have but I am not satisfied with the price vs. performance balance. Have you considered selling Schick hydro 5? these razors perform better than Gillette and are less pricey. You might get some customers there.

Manager:
Actually sir, we have noticed that other brands are not sold well here in our razor section. If one brand doesn't get good sales figures for us after a month, we take it off the shelf.

Me: Why that is interesting. Your fusion blades are like that for last 5 months. I am certain that I am the only customer who bought one pack from your shelf. Haven't you considered taking these off?

Manager: (bursts into laughter) You are a pretty observant customer I'd say.

Me: Would you mind letting me know why?

Manager: You've got me here, Gillette gives us the best commission among any other brand which is why we don't prefer to promote others and you can see that Gillette's shelf takes the most space near our counter but we are paid handsomely for that on monthly basis.

Me: I see (checked out and left)

(end of conversation)

I can definitely tell. Gillette is trying way too hard to get their blades sold off.

People like you and me aren't the average consumer when it comes to shaving.
Also you have to consider, pakistan and U.S and EU are two completely different markets and demographics and the difference in pay to buy 30$/8blades is completely different.

A person in the U.S or England for example might be more willing to stupidly pay 30 dollars or 23lbs for eight razors,where as the average income in pakistan might not let the average male spend 30 dollars on it.
I'm not saying people in pakistan live like a 3rd world country, but the level of disposable income is much greater.

Top Bottom