What's new

Gillette 7 o'clock yellow & Gillette Platinum & Polsilver

I just tried the Voskhod Razors and I was very impressed by the fact that they don't use glue to seal them, they just double wrap them. I like that a lot.

Plats are the best blend of sharp/smooth to me. Polsilvers are also excellent. Yellows last. The razors I generally use are a super speed, short comb new, aristocrat.

Why do you think that G Platinum is better than 7 o'clock?

I find the a little more smoother and sharper, on my face, with Merkur Futur. 7 O'clock seems a little bit duller and they pull a little. But again, YMMV, it's my face with my technique. On Merkur HD, for example, i prefer 7 O'clock.

Last edited:
Haven't tried the Platinum, but I prefer the Polsilver over the Yellow. For me they last longer and stay more consistent than Yellows over the course of their life. I use them in fairly mild razors; Merkur 34c & 15c

Afraid I'm too new at this to express any helpful opinion towards the discussion, but I will say that I certainly appreciate this thread. As a newbie working through samples, I've thus far found the 7 O'clock yellow to be my favorite. Very good to know which other blades are regarded as comparable and will warrant a try.

All this which blade is better talk is subjective. But, it does give newer people, and those looking to try different blades an idea of which blades are consistently better performers, for a large percentage of members.

So many answers and non of them is the correct one.
I'll give it to you:
Get a sample pack and try them all!

I like the idea of the sampler packs that you can assemble yourself. I haven't done that. I have instead, gleaned advise from fellow members who have used these blades before. This rarely fails me.

One man's candy can be another man's poison......especially when it comes to blades. Go to Tryablade.com and put together your own sampler. When it comes to blades, it is time for you to leave Grasshopper and see for yourself.

Top Bottom