What's new

Moka bliss

Ten minutes ago, I made my first cup of (Illy) coffee in my brand-new, 3-cup Moka. Fabulous brew, just like I like it.

This makes me want to break out my Moka pot. It's been too long and now that I have a 1500 watt induction plate making coffee in a stainless Mopka pot is much simpler than on the gas stove.

Post some pics of your Moka pot brewing..... always a treat to see others brew :001_smile

I will post pics, but I am awaiting delivery of my Richard Ginori Illy espresso cup and saucer and (quite rare) lid for the cup. For delivery. I swear. It's on the way from Singapore, of course.

I'm curious. I have a small pot, maybe two cups, and I've only tried with an Italian brand coffee a chef friend recommended (the brand name escapes me). But every time I try to use the pot, on a low-medium heat, the coffee ends up cloudy. The water here is very good and not hard or anything. Can anyone suggest what I'm missing?

I think moka brewing leads to some fine coffee particles making their way into the cup. You did not mention how the coffee was ground, but grind consistency is important to get a good brew with minimal cloudiness/fines. Regardless of the grind method, you should be able to get a clearer cup if you pour very slowly. You can take that a step further by waiting a little bit longer before pouring so that even more coffee fines can settle into the bottom.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444774359.685592.jpg

This is the brand I'm currently using. I don't grind my own coffee (sorry to the purists on here!)

I'll let it settle a bit and pour slowly, the pot is on now (6 week old baby brings out a need for more coffee!).

Top Bottom