What's new

July 4th Cookout

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
To celebrate American Independence day what are you cooking up? Are ya having a party? Hot dogs? Hamburgers? Steaks? Are you going to pop some firecrackers? So what's it going to be?

I guess for me I'll set up a good lawn chair in the back yard, put on my hat, smoke some ribs, drink an American beer and snap my fingers for stuff to be done. :laugh:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Going to my sister & bro-in-law's for a cookout. They'll have a mason jar of Apple Pie Moonshine for me. Out in the country surrounded by trees and probably 8 dogs

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Oooo...that shine sounds good. I drank some real moonshine for the first time last year. It was actually pretty smooth.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Have to work the 4th, but will probably do something the 5th. I was broke on father's day, so I didn't do rib eyes. I may have to make plans to do so.

I have every intention of having a line wet by five thirty in the morning, and hope to not come off until late evening. Thus, I will be eating cold sandwiches and beef jerky. A few beers, and a couple of root beers maybe.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Probably sit around and do as little as possible. I have some smoked ribs vac sealed in the freezer, and a rack of uncooked ones also, so got ribs out the....

If packer brisket goes on sale for about $2.50 a pound I "may" smoke one...or just do something easy like burgers and dogs. Sitting on the back porch with a good ole American beer, a pipe of American 'baccy like Prince Albert or Carter Hall, and enjoying the shade of the hickory tree.

Jared's wetting a line sounds real good...haven't put a line in the pond here in a loooonnggg time. Biggest bass we've pulled out of there has been about 5 pounds...usually about 2 pounds. I think I'll get the ultra light rod and reels out in the next few days and put some new line on them. The pond is only about 30 yards from the house. After all this rain, I moved a cardboard box that is waiting on the trash truck the other day and there were TONS of big old worms under it...scared the hell out SWMBO. :lol: And grasshoppers are thick here right now also.

Thanks for the idea Jared!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I was sort of hoping this was an invitation. :tongue_sm

It is...it was. Just come over already.

Taking a run for double time.

Probably grab a burger at a choke and puke.

I love convoy talk.

Probably sit around and do as little as possible. I have some smoked ribs vac sealed in the freezer, and a rack of uncooked ones also, so got ribs out the....

And grasshoppers are thick here right now also.

Thanks for the idea Jared!

:lol:

Grasshoppers....use the grasshoppers.

My brother is getting married on the fourth so I will be at a winery/brewery making sure he gets his *** down the aisle! Best man duties sound like a lot of work!

Ill be all full up on a steak dinner and plenty of booze

On the second my wife and her family are having a crab fest, they usually get about 1/2 to 1 bushel of Maryland blue crabs. I will be grilling a very nice ribeye and some shrimp (with some mushrooms) they can enjoy their crustaceans all they want.

I'm going to be going down to our house on the Chesapeake Bay and smoking a packer Hot and Fast for the first time. I have always done them low and slow.

I will have a line in the water for a good solid 4 days!

Hope everyone enjoys the Fourth!:badger:

It's going to be a pretty traditional cookout here. Burgers, hot dogs, baked beans and corn-on-the-cob. Probably should pick up a watermelon. And booze, of course.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I don't know why but I feel a chill "e" coming on for the 4th. Ribs...I want to smoke some ribs. Sangria, yeah a big ole pitcher. Maybe I'll buy a kiddy pool.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
On the second my wife and her family are having a crab fest, they usually get about 1/2 to 1 bushel of Maryland blue crabs. I will be grilling a very nice ribeye and some shrimp (with some mushrooms) they can enjoy their crustaceans all they want.

Mmmm, surf and turf. When I came home from work the other day, the son in law had grilled me a lobster tail and a rib eye. Makes me wonder what's up :biggrin:

Top Bottom