What's new

Pipe and tobacconist store in NYC

Myself and the mrs are going on holiday to NYC next month, I have mentioned this only a couple of times around here :001_rolle
Doing a bit of online research of places where we want to visit, I decided to google pipe/tobacconist store in NYC.
As you can imagine a million and one stores popped up. Which got me thinking, I should ask you guys.
Any cool stores dotted around NYC? Im not planning on going out of my way to get somewhere but if a place happens to be near it would be cool to pop into a store.
Cheers

Try Barclay-Rex in Manhattan. I haven't been there in a while but they had a nice selection of pipes and tobacco products. They have a downtown and midtown store.

Try Barclay-Rex in Manhattan. I haven't been there in a while but they had a nice selection of pipes and tobacco products. They have a downtown and midtown store.

Brilliant thank you. Im sure Im in or very close to midtown.

Those two are very close to each other so you can kill two birds with one stone. It's right outside of Grand Central Station.

Those two are very close to each other so you can kill two birds with one stone. It's right outside of Grand Central Station.

Looks like I have a winner! Or winners. Cheers guys, I will let you know if I get chance to visit them.

A bit of an update, unfortunately I didnt get the chance to go into Nat Shermans. We did walk past it as we were on the way for a meal, having peeped in the window the place looked stunning. The plan was to return later in the week but we just ran out of time. I was a bjt gutted as I wanted to pick up some Frog Morton as its not available in the UK but I didnt realise that any tobacco brought back has to be declared. As we didnt sleep on the flight Im glad I didnt by any baccy, after paying duty on it I might as well buy online anyways.

The next best thing I stumbled across was an interview with a Nat Sherman employee on the Country Squire Radio podcast which is a great listen. Apparently you can become a member amd store cigars there, Robert Downy Jr has a spot which is pretty cool.

I went to the Barkley-Rex near Wall street after Wazza's wedding. They had some nice stuff, but crazy expensive. I paid $25 plus NYC taxes for a 50g tin of Old Gowerie just to support his business. They were moving to another location and having a sale.

I didnt realise they had a store down there, I thought that it was the single store near Grand Central Station.

Ah yes, I forgot about that shop. My phone wouldn't work over there so only had wifi intermintenly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom