What's new

Your favorite morning tea?

Since I work night shift my breakfast tends to be somewhere between 4 PM to 6 PM. I usually will brew a pot of Keemun tea. It has become my go to tea and I drink at least a medium sized pot a day. On my days off I will drink one or two large pots of the tea. No milk, just some Sweet and Lo (I am diabetic, so no sugar).

Lately, my favorite morning tea is a strong cup of English Breakfast with milk. Of all the English Breakfasts, my favorite is:
proxy.php

Yep. My favorite by a mile, and I've tried dozens.

I drank Lapsang Souchong with milk, for years. Went through binges with Pu-ehr, Genmaicha, Jasmine Green, Russian Caravan, Min Pai Ooong... and I still enjoy Lipton with lemon occasionally.
Lately, my favorite morning tea is a strong cup of English Breakfast with milk. Of all the English Breakfasts, my favorite is:
proxy.php
Taylor's of Harrogate makes several fantastic teas.

Irish Breakfast tea from any good maker or English Breakfast if I'm out of Irish.

Earl Gray is my afternoon favorite though and my overall favorite.

I have a dianhong (Yunnan black) tea in the morning. I choose one of these two reliables, both from Yunnan Sourcing. I order these in semi-bulk quantities (each half kilo at a time) every six to seven months. The 2015 versions of these teas are here and here but earlier versions are equally as good.

I usually reach into the tea cabinet, pull something out, and ask myself if it's what I want with breakfast. :lol:

Usually a black or oolong tea since I tend to eat a heavy breakfast. I've had success with green teas in the morning, especially a hojicha. Lately I've been taking on puerh and liking it.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Much of the time, it's Earl Grey. I just got in my kuradashi, so that might be my obsession for a little while.

I'm quickly accumulating a bunch of breakfast teas and flavored black teas, need to drink them up. I love the malty Assam Irish Breakfast blends.

Thus far my ratings of the Irish Breakfast I have are:

1. Harney and Sons Irish Breakfast. This one is wonderful. Deep, deep malty-yeasty aroma. You can nearly chew on the scent coming from the cup. No bitterness with a five minute steep; a smooth cup with a good caffeine kick.

2. Bewley's Dublin Morning. Nice, strong malty cup. Some astringency but fairly smooth. Begs for a splash of milk and really sings when you add it.

3. Stash Super Irish Breakfast. A smooth, fairly run of the mill cup. Nothing really stands out but nothing to complain about either. Weaker than the first two; best when milk is added sparingly.

4. Twinings Irish Breakfast. A rough and tumble Irish Breakfast that is bold and can be a bit harsh. I need milk to tame it.

Tavalon's NYC Breakfast/Builders tea. A very straight forward mellow black, very easy to drink when I'm annoyed at the office and very smooth.

Usually it is my brewer mix of Green and a bag of Lipton thrown in, but sometimes old Earl comes over for breakfast.

Don't mention shaving to him, he is a cartridge shaver,
Doublesharp

Top Bottom