What's new

What did you have for breakfast today?

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I had Mother's oats and coffee and orange juice for breakfast.

You should have Mother's oats for breakfast because your mother would want you to eat some mother's oats.

I've got leftover Canadian toast from Wednesday. I cook it up in a big enough batch to last about 4 days, and then just microwave a portion to eat each day. Today, I'm topping it off with Greek Yogurt.

Canadian Toast is my own invention. Same ingredients as French Toast, but I cut the bread into tiny cubes before I immerse it in the batter and let them soak in for about 20 minutes. Then pour it into a butter puddle in a covered skillet, stir and cook, stir and cook, stir and cook for a total of about 10 minutes on medium heat.

Einstein's Bagel Applewood bacon, cheddar breakfast sandwich on a spinach florentine bagel, washed down with their "Neighborhood Blend" coffee.

Tom

Peppercorn strip steak and butter potatoes ...
nothing fancy for seasonings or add-ons, just smoked salt and pepper, fried it in olive-oil in a cast-iron skillet.

I'm about halfway through this as I type, just nibbling on it here and there, eating it bachelor-style straight from the skillet.
There's enough left to last all day, so I'll be having this for lunch and dinner, too.

On Saturday and Sunday I sometimes treat myself to a can of Homel brand Corn Beef Hash with three fried eggs on top with a cup of black coffee.

Works for me!

Top Bottom