What's new

What did you have for breakfast today?

Toad in the hole without the hole :001_smile

egg over easy fried in butter, placed on a slice of bread on top of a combination of Gouda and English cheddar with a slice of deli roast beef, returned to the pan (with more butter in it) and fried until the bread is starting to blacken around the edges (dark pan toasted).

Easy to make and it is ALWAYS killer good.

you can substitute your favorite cheese and meat.

Layer is bread on the bottom, cheese against the bread, meat over it, covered with the over easy egg.

Crispy crunchy bread and a nice liquid yoke to sop up.....

A bit of tobbacco
A cup of coffee
3 scambled eggs with veggies
2 pieces of toast

In that order....every morning....

Small bowl Bran Buds with Soy Milk
1 Banana
4 Prunes
2 Slices Raisin Toast with butter
Glass of Water
Local paper

dave

$IMG_0573.jpgThe Indonesian breakfast of champions - nasi goreng, which is fried rice. Usually made from left overs from the previous night's dinner and in this case we had some rib-eye that the missus couldn't finish. Plenty of garlic, chili and whatever veggies are lurking around, fry it all up, add some sweet soy, some salty soy and stir an egg into it all. Serve with a fried egg per person on top, garnish with deep fried shallots and a dipping sauce of salty soy and chopped bird's eye chillis.

This is not today's effort as my phone battery was dead, but one from earlier in the year that I made in France from leftover chicken - it will give you the idea...

I'm all out of everything right now ... no coffee, no milk, no bread.

I'll head out in a little bit and hit up Starbucks and munch down on one of their artisan sandwiches before I go grocery shopping.

Hey, it's Sunday in New York! Bagel and lox, of course.

Well, nova on a pumpernickel-everything bagel with sliced onion and veggie cream cheese.

Original Pancake House: two apple Belgian waffles (tasted like apple pie), a side of hash browns, washed down with strong black coffee. I MIGHT be hungry tomorrow.

Top Bottom