What's new

Wet Shave Club

Is it worth it. I believe I saw some videos when it first came out that it was pretty good but has gone down hill. Was wondering if any body is using this still or has recently. First box is suppose to come with a brush, razor, and razor guard. So for one month it is $29 shipped. Also, with a 5 dollar off coupon. So 24 bucks shipped. Thoughts opinions. This is what their site says about the first box, In your first box from Wet Shave Club you will receive a premium razor with a specially grooved handle for maximum grip, a genuine leather razor cover to help protect against falls or normal wear and tear, a boar hair brush for building a thick lather with your soap, a luxurious shaving soap (scents and brands vary), 10 blades from our current selection, one of our awesome aftershaves to keep your skin smooth and fresh, and some instructional cards to help with the process.

Not worth it for me. I just am adverse to these monthly club things where stuff comes automatically. I'd rather buy what I want when I want it, but that's just me.

IIRC they charge $29 a month, but only ship things every three months. I believe you are far better off reading various posts here and creating your own set.

After looking into several different shave subscriptions, I had it narrowed down to two, Wet Shave Club and Shave Select. Personally, I went with Shave Select. The boxes are $25 rather than $29, the first box (starter kit), came with a Rimei 2003 razor, Shave Factory horse hair brush, 5 packs each of Derby, Astra SP, and Feather blades, ARKO shave stick and cream in full sizes, a shavette, and some hair styling gel in a sampler packet that I was not really interested in, but my neighbor's teen son seems to have loved.

I haven't recieved a second box from them yet, but the reason I went with Shave Select rather than the Wet Shave Club was the promise that future boxes will contain not only samples, but full size product as well. I understand that most prefer to buy according to preference, but just starting out like I am, I have no idea what my preferences are, and I figure if I don't like something, I can PIF it.

IIRC they charge $29 a month, but only ship things every three months. I believe you are far better off reading various posts here and creating your own set.

I think you are talking about Bevel Shaving, WSC says "monthly box". Bevel is a ripoff; you can do better at freaking AoS and get amazing products for $90/quarter

As for WSC, I would rather make my own $30 starter kit and $30/mo supply run.

Top Bottom