What's new

Adding Menthol Crystals to AS

Adding menthol really makes a difference. I not only use the newly mentholated after shaving in the morning - I also use it after washing my face at night.

I've heard others say the crystals should be crushed, but I simply added them to the AS and shook the bottles until the crystals were no longer identifiable.

I've added to neutral witch hazel. It made a nice pick-me-up out of the splash and cotton pad applications.
However, seems uptake into solution was quite slow... in fact; I ended up removing the two or three largish crystals added to 250 ml of WH before they'd changed much in dimension - (3 -4 days with occasional agitation) - yet, very noticeable fragrance and chill to freshly shaved face and neck.

I added a few menthol crystals to a tabasco bottle filled with witch hazel and some glycerin. I added 30 drops of lime essential oils yesterday. The lime smell is fleeting unfortunately, but the combo of the three treats my skin well.
That's what I'd like to do also.
Great suggestion

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Another note: While the menthol crystals seem to liquidate pretty quickly, the menthol does not always combine in the AS. Be sure to shake well before using.

Top Bottom