What's new

Second Hundred.Hang In There!

I posted a thread after my 100th shave in 100 days.

Well, last night was 200 in 200....I thought I would come in here to offer some encouragement.

I enjoyed my first 100 shaves, very much, but, unlike others here, I did not feel confident yet. Well, something happened after 100. It was more about my hands than my angles of the blade. My 4 pass shave really sank in, And, my hand-offs, right hand to left and vice versa, have become automatic. I don't care how long my nightly shaves take, but, I noticed a significant increase in pace just because my hands knew where they were going next.

So, Hang In There!!......And, Enjoy!!! :thumbup:

Last edited:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
That's dedication! Especially when starting out. I'm still stuck on using only my right and can't figure out the XTG pass.

I'm still stuck on using only my right and can't figure out the XTG pass.

I just want to encourage you to just try the left hand. Early on, I was surprised when I noticed that I was shaving, ATG, the right side of my neck with my left hand. At that point, I thought "I guess I can do this".... :laugh:

Practicing latherd up with a butter knife can help overcome a lot of angle issues when teaching yourself to shave with both hands. Mainly it is about developing a pattern of passes. Hope it helps,
Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted a thread after my 100th shave in 100 days.
My 4 pass shave really sank in, And, my hand-offs, right hand to left and vice versa, have become automatic. I don't care how long my nightly shaves take, but, I noticed a significant increase in pace just because my hands knew where they were going next. /QUOTE]

So with a 4 pass shave you actually have 800 shaves now : ) Practice makes perfect. Good work.

So with a 4 pass shave you actually have 800 shaves now

Yeah, but, using both hands, so.......maybe only 400, per hand................ :laugh:

:gun_bandana:.................................................................................................................:taz:

Top Bottom