What's new

Euro to US Dollar confusion (Revisor Razor)

Ok Guys I am alittle confused, I have been looking at Revisor razors and picked one and they sent me an invoice and that's where the confusion is.

They list the razor I am wanting for a Price: 196,00€ incl. VAT. but the invoice says Gesamtsumme/total 183,45 € so just alittle confused, i have never purchased from these folks and the invoice clearly states the item number but the there is a difference in the price advertised and the invoice total, so looking for some input, I contacted Revisor by email but have not heard back yet so not sure how much to send them.

Here is a link to the Razor:

http://www.revisor-solingen.de/index.php/en/razors/revisor/6-8/6-0004-detail

and here is a snip from the invoice:

Versandgebühr/shipping
10,00 €
Pay pal tax 5%
8,74 €
Kind of payment: paypal to [email protected]
Gesamtsumme/total
183,45 €

Great razor. I opted for the same with horn scales instead of those black ones. It is a great shaver. Once you pay....probably less than 2 weeks to your door!

I hate to sound really stupid but was looking at the invoice again and then started looking at current conversions but am confused again, the invoice column has 164.71 in the GP Column but the 183.45 has the euro symbol next to it in the complete total, well after looking up GP and Euro they both have different rates so would I convert from Euro to USD or British Pound to USD, like I said hate to sound stupid but I am a simple man, it amazes me I can take a motor apart and back together but can't figure out how to pay for a razor from another part of the world

I hate to sound really stupid but was looking at the invoice again and then started looking at current conversions but am confused again, the invoice column has 164.71 in the GP Column but the 183.45 has the euro symbol next to it in the complete total, well after looking up GP and Euro they both have different rates so would I convert from Euro to USD or British Pound to USD, like I said hate to sound stupid but I am a simple man, it amazes me I can take a motor apart and back together but can't figure out how to pay for a razor from another part of the world

Use Eur. to USD, since that is their currency in GER. On the flip side, if you plan to use PayPal (which they prefer) you can submit payment in Eur. and they will convert for you at the daily exchange rate. Worked very well for me.

Use Eur. to USD, since that is their currency in GER. On the flip side, if you plan to use PayPal (which they prefer) you can submit payment in Eur. and they will convert for you at the daily exchange rate. Worked very well for me.

Cool... and thanks for the scale info, I think I am going to opt for the horn scales.

Just pay the price... It's already less than what you expected

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435183034.658750.jpg

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Yes, there is nothing unusual going on. For the amount of the price, one could expect that the final total, including shipping and whatever else, to be less than the original price + VAT.

As previously stated. Pay the invoice amount from Revisor with Paypal and select Euro. It's that easy. Enjoy your Revisor Razor.

Great expression! Wonder how it originated?!

You can tell the age of a horse by the teeth and how well it has been handled/taken care of by the general state of the mouth. So if you are offered a horse for nothing, it is impolite to check out these things.

Well I heard back from Revisor on the scales and this was there reply:

Hello William,
sorry, I have sent you an invoice in Euro. In attachment, you can find your changed invoice in USD with the current rate of June, 25th.
now to your second mail, we can't change the scales in horn scales.

Best regards

Sabine

This kinda bums me out as the horn scales they list under parts look very nice but they show them fitting 7/8-8/8 and the razor I am looking at is a 6/8 so that may be the reason.

I love horn scales but those you originally had, black with the bolsters, are really nice and fitting with the blade! :)

Top Bottom