What's new

Shaving around lips?

I have difficulty getting hairs that are close to my lips. Especially those at the corner where my top and bottom lip meet and right underneath the centre of my lower lip.

Any suggestions or ideas how I can get a better shave here without getting cut?

Those areas are a bit tough to shave. Take your time while attempting to shave there. One thing I do is make a variety of faces to flatten the skin where I am shaving. Making an "O" face helps. I also use my tongue to push out gently on the corners of my mouth. That helps a bit too. Finally, just remember to use no pressure. You'll probably have to shave at a slightly steeper angle so be careful.

:lol::lol::lol: sorry I saw this title after the mama bear thread and had to have a good laugh

Seriously, stretching the area and taking your time is the best advice I can give

the tricky part for me always seems to be the area just below the nose, so i'll usually touch up after the shave when everything is dry. it's only usually a few hairs so i don't have to worry about getting burned or cut

Pushing your nose to one side as demonstrated in Mantic's videos helps with that too. To get really close to my nose, I have to come in sideways though.

My mouth corners and under my bottom lip are also challenging. An XTG pass usually gets the corners, although on some occasions I have to resort to using a pair of tweezers to pluck a flat-growing hair on the corner.

Under my lip is made more challenging by a small, light mole I have just under the lip. It's barely visible but if I try to get the uppermost hairs, I tend to clip it. So I just have to settle for not quite good enough there.

Top Bottom