What's new

Northern Lights June 22/23

My family and I just spent a couple hours in the backyard watching the northern lights. I live in the Upper Midwest portion of the US. Just wanted to mention there is going to be a high level of activity the next couple nights. Enjoy if you're able to.

Someday I'd love to see the northern lights in person. The only atmospheric light show I've seen was the setting sun shinning through rocket fuel or jet fuel, I'm not sure which, in the air down in Las Vegas about sixteen years ago. The sky was clear except for this rainbow colored mist hanging in the horizon.

I've seen them a number of times over the years, but nothing like last night. 1/2 the sky was lit up with hues of celestial greens and purples rolling over the entire northern half of the sky like waves. It was just amazing. Must have been to get a teenage boy to stare at the sky for 2 hours. :001_smile

I've seen them a number of times over the years, but nothing like last night. 1/2 the sky was lit up with hues of celestial greens and purples rolling over the entire northern half of the sky like waves. It was just amazing. Must have been to get a teenage boy to stare at the sky for 2 hours. :001_smile

Greatest light show I have ever seen...

Top Bottom