What's new

What's your ancestry?

About as English as one could get: my dad has just spent years doing the family tree thing, his family have been in Ipswich since at least 1670 and mother's in Sevenoaks (their respective birth towns) since 1792 according to his research.

Mom is Dutch, Irish on her mom's side and Scandinavian on her dad's. Dad is Basque on his dad's side and Dutch Indonesia on his mom's side. Grew up with a lot of the food, culture, and disgust for Castro from my dad's dad so I identify as Basque. Plus I look Basque.

Mom is Dutch, Irish on her mom's side and Scandinavian on her dad's. Dad is Basque on his dad's side and Dutch Indonesia on his mom's side. Grew up with a lot of the food, culture, and disgust for Castro from my dad's dad so I identify as Basque. Plus I look Basque.

You don't hear much about Basque these days! A coworker is an avid language learner, and Basque is his most recent infatuation!

I'm Assyrian and Armenian, I can say that much.
Also my peoples country was lost thousands of years ago, so my "Assyrian" aspect is probably all over the place. Considering we integrated whoever's country we happened to defeat, so I'd guess in MODERN day I'm probably, and I can guess with great confidence.

Jewish, Iranian,Afghani, syrian, turkish, roman, greek, sumerian, Italian, saudi-arabian, iraqi, Egyptian.

woe is the being of people thousands years alive, We can never directly connect our timeline.
But we call our selves, simply...Assyrians.
We were the ancient day U.S, just take in everyone.

I'm Assyrian and Armenian, I can say that much.
Also my peoples country was lost thousands of years ago, so my "Assyrian" aspect is probably all over the place. Considering we integrated whoever's country we happened to defeat, so I'd guess in MODERN day I'm probably, and I can guess with great confidence.

Jewish, Iranian,Afghani, syrian, turkish, roman, greek, sumerian, Italian, saudi-arabian, iraqi, Egyptian.

woe is the being of people thousands years alive, We can never directly connect our timeline.

Well they say genetic diversity is a good thing...If that's so then you my friend are a truly superior human being! Jeez I thought I was a mut!

And that happened everywhere, of course. While I can say that I am of Saxon origin, I am sure there is quite some variety of other European "bloodlines" mixed in. It's (for most people) impossible to trace your history back to pre-medieval times.

And diversity is good, of course, also genetically.

Human nature being what it is, every single one of you have at least one branch of Milkman in your family trees, I just about guarantee it. Could have been recent, could have been centuries ago, but the Milkman slipped in there at some point. :001_smile

Father's family came to America in mid-1700's from France. Mother's family from England in 1800s. I did the "23andme" genetic testing a few years ago, which comes up with the same ancestry. Further back, I'm part Neanderthal.

I am Cherokee Indian and English, or more proper Anglo-Saxon. Seems as if my Father's ancestors came over to Britain in the 1066 invasion. On my mothers side I am 100% Irish. Her Great Grand Father came to America in the 1850's. And each generation married into other Irish families until my mom and her three sisters broke that tradition.

My grand father, or dad's father was the eldest of 13 children born to his mother who was identified by census records as a Cherokee. He also had about 20 step brothers and sisters many of whom he never met. His father left after his mother died and never came back until he was a few years from death. My grandfather took care of him when no one else would.

So I am quite a mixed up stew, Genetically speaking.:blink:

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
My mother's mother married an Englishman. This grandmother was Irish.

My father's family came from New Jersey. They were English all the way back to 1640, not quite to the Mayflower ship.

Human nature being what it is, every single one of you have at least one branch of Milkman in your family trees, I just about guarantee it. Could have been recent, could have been centuries ago, but the Milkman slipped in there at some point. :001_smile
Probably so, but according to all the movies and television shows that have featured a milkman, it's highly probable that most of them have a similiar Scandinavian genotype as most who claim any substantial European ancestry. So, although they make for some interesting little twigs on the family tree, the milkmen haven't done much for the genepool. [emoji14]

Top Bottom