What's new

Difference in brushes and advantages?

Ok.........began this whole DE thing months ago and as everyone here has done, Ive spent many $$$ on aftershaves, razors, blades, soaps, creams etc. However, my entry level Badger Brush is still in operation. I only have this one brush and I cant understand what the advantages are with the next step up in brushes let alone the brushes over $100.00. Im getting BBS's everyday and loving it. Do I still need to upgrade in brushes for even better results, I cant imagine?

Do I still need to upgrade in brushes for even better results, I cant imagine?
Upgrading your brush will not give you better end results. What upgrading your brush can do is get lather quicker, and a different feel on your face.

Some higher-end brushes work faster, personally I don't care too much about the quicker lather, I don't mind doing a few extra swirls in my lather bowl. How the brush feels on your face can be a big difference between a starter and a high-end brush though. A cheap model will usually have a trimmed loft, so every hair has been cut off at the tips and will because of that be quite scratchy, while a more expensive brush will have its tips intact and feel softer (although sometimes a bit scrubby).

Do you need to upgrade? No, no one needs to upgrade once they've got a brush (pretty much any brush that isn't falling apart will do). Should you upgrade? Up to you, if you want to spend some extra money to see how a more expensive brush feels, go ahead, you may very well enjoy it.

as bjrn said you don't need to get another brush and any brush will work, and it may or may not be worth it to you to upgrade from what you started with but some discover they like face lathering and want a brush that is designed more for that, while others wants a brush to work with soaps, others wants one that is soft and works with creams or perhaps one thats works good with all. again almost any brush will work and be made to do any type of lather however some are better at it and some feel better at it.

I just upgraded to a custom Shavemac after only primarily using 2 brushes I had a scratchy pure badger for soaps and a super soft floppy brush for creams which was working pretty well for a while, what I found is the Shavemac works great on both which is what I wanted and was looking for and it also makes lather extremely quicker then the others, however the lather is still the same not any better but I can make it quicker and easier.

Top Bottom